In-Depth 2014 Honda Fit/Jazz will not be made in Swindon.

Discussion in 'Technical Articles' started by Ichiban, Friday 20th Dec, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any Jazz owners looking to buy the new Jazz would like to take note the 4th Generation Jazz won't be made in Swindon (HUM) any more. Reading between the lines it has to be Mexico, new plant (HDM) which was announced in March 28th 2012.

For future reference these are two links which confirm the news

Honda World corporate website announces the foundation stone in Celaya, Guanajuato. http://world.honda.com/news/2012/c120328New-Auto-Plant-Mexico/index.html

"Expected to employ approximately 3,200 associates at its full annual capacity of 200,000 units, the new Honda de Mexico plant in Celaya will produce the Honda Fit subcompact model both for the Mexican market and for the U.S. and Canadian markets, as well as other regions."

Honda UK Manufacturing releases this statement on 1st of September 2012.

Honda - Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd

"Currently, the Jazz model for the European market is produced by Suzuka Factory in Japan, Honda Automobile Company China (CHAC) and HUM. To benefit from production economies of scale and fully utilizing Honda’s global production resources, the next generation Jazz, scheduled for 2014, will be produced outside of Europe"

The build quality of the New Jazz will be in question , could it be better built than Swindon!!

I would say yes no more European vendors.
    IMG_1473.JPG

2. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    So is the latest Honda Jazz made in Japan or Mexico or elsewhere? My father is looking to get one soon..
    How is the build quality of the latest model? Is the engineering good or have they gone down the money saving route

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The Jazz comes Japan for us mate, HR-V currently comes from Mexico but soon to come from japan for us also. The quality is half decent but Japan is now sourcing all carts across the globe. This is the legacy left by the old CEO which is slowly being reverted back to localisation from base country.

MY17 Jazz will have a higher Japanese vendors.:Wink: so if you are ordering a new Jazz ensure its a MY17 MY= Model Year.

4. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    Saw the new gen Jazz today. Can confirm it come from the mighty Japan.

Engine bay looked well packaged and good engineered considering its an entry level car

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Picture added from the B pillar on the passenger side to show its made in Japan.

6. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate I see JHM at start of VIN is that also part of to say it made in japan mate sorry if that wrong...

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is correct Japan Honda Motor JHM

andy83 likes this.
  8. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

great mate thank you :Hey:

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

10. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

andy83 likes this.