General 2600km NZ road trip

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by fuksm2000, Thursday 4th Jan, 2018.

1. fuksm2000 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

New Zealand Marek Auckland
    hi All,
    Just thought will share few thoughts on my Elysion after our New Year's road trip from Auckland to Franz Joseph Glacier and back. Not sure if such content is even published here...Anyways, all together almost 2600km (2 days trip there and 2 days back) that tested the car (motorways, curvy single carriageways, ferry ride to the South Island, and even some gravel roads).

After removing 2 seats from the last row managed to fit 2 x bikes (after removing front wheels), child stroller (mountain buggy), child bike seat, 6 people tent (it was only my wife, our 12 month old son and me travelling), camping chair, queen size matress, and a lot of other junk (esky, suitcase, shoes, you name it).

Was absolute pleasure to drive and had no problems along the way. Elysion fulfilled all my expectations and proven to be the car I wanted. Managed to get 11.5-12km/l fuel consumption (2.4l engine). The only thing missing was the cruise control, but not a big deal eventually. Not sure if other Elysion models have it as a standard package?

Happy New Year!
    M

andy83 likes this.
  2. Sandy52 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Didnt think NZ was that big. LOL.
    SOunds like a great trip.

3. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy Nottingham
    sounds a good trip with good fuel return, not sure any 2.4 came with cruise control however i have it on the 3.0, not sure you missing much though

4. NZNick Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

New Zealand Dunedin
    - - - Updated - - -
    - - - Updated - - -

5. NZNick Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

New Zealand Dunedin
    I was trying to say that NZ is about the same size as Italy, plus most of the roads aren't exactly Roman in nature - they are really quite wiggly and windy, especially in the South Island.