General 5x114 16" wheel choices....

Discussion in '3rd Generation (1994-2001)' started by LeeroyV, Sunday 16th Jun, 2013.

1. LeeroyV Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looking at what wheels to go for on the Teg but the 5x114 fitment is pretty limiting, I was going to look at a 4x100 hub swap which may still happen dependant and wheels selection or lack of in 5x114 lol

I'm after 16" as primarily the slightly extra height will help with getting off the drive and the local speed bumps once coilies are on plus I may be leaning towards a 'stanced' appearance

Been looking so far at the obvious Rotas etc but thought some of you chaps may know of some alternative alloys I've not considered yet

2. ctrsam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've had plenty of 5x114 wheels

Sprint sw98's

Compomotives

Speedlines

Rotas

Team dynamics

Search for lancer evo wheels as well, same fitment just different spigot rings

3. Sandy. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CL1 Accord wheels look good on Integras :Wink:

4. LeeroyV Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ow good call

5. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

m

I see what you did there andy!!!!

To the OP look in the wheels for sale section I'm pretty sure there are some for sale in there, by a user Sandy :Tongue:

6. k20lth Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Found the same problem. Been opting for a 4x100 conversion as well lol. I found that any wheels in 5x114 generally cost a lot more than what it would if it were 4x100... 

7. TopGear Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hmmmmm I think you can find some good 5x114's

I mean even I have a set of NS2 sparco 5x114 16" 7.5j and although am not a huge fan of the looks the figment is spot on, and there light enough... I've seen Enkei's Evo alloys (although 17") all in 5x114

I definitely would never go back to 4x100 set up just to improve my wheel choice and selection

8. k20lth Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5x114 seems to have a lot more choice on 17" above. You can sit around waiting for your perfect wheels, but 4x100 just has so much more choice! 

9. ctrsam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats the thing

you end up waiting and watching ebay and forums

i remember buying wheels when i didnt even need them as i knew i'd need the fitment

10. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The alternative is to think about 17s! Work well on a teg, especially if you're going for an agressive look!

11. LeeroyV Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I actually like the ns2 be good to see a pic on ya Teg :Smile:

12. DanielJames Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'll have some mint 98 specs for sale soon bud :Smile:

13. LeeroyV Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Let me know when fella :Smile:

14. shakman87 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

There's plenty to choose from in 5x114

It just helps to know what you want.

It's easier to find 4x100 wheels as it is a very popular PCD, whereas 5x114 was only used by a few Jap car makers. If you went to Japan (or anywhere in the East) I'm sure you will find an abundance of 5x114 wheels - especially as now they are all pretty much 5 stud.

15. LeeroyV Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Still no decision reached on wheels yet lol but still liking the euro accord alloys

16. civtegra Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Go for them, they'll look great!

17. TopGear Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yea I just grabbed a set of 16" ENKEI lightweight RP01's I think perfect for a UK spec ITR :Smile:

Now need to get rid of my set of NS2 SPARCO's :Frown:

18. LeeroyV Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The sparco's going cheap?? Are they a direct fit or do you need the extended bolts??

19. Naj_Ej Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

rota c10 are for sale in wheel section 5x114

20. lance08 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I love rota fighters in bronze for DC2's . But as said, pretty limited