Insurance Accord 2.4 petrol Insurance costs survey

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by hondream, Friday 26th Feb, 2016.

1. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Accord 2.4 petrol
    Hi

Would be interesting to know how much everyone is paying for their insurance on the Accord 2.4.
    Please state whether manual or auto, 7th or 8 th generation, saloon/tourer etc.

I know there will be variables that will apply to certain individuals., NCD etc.....it's not scientific or anything.....lol

Thanks

2. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    When I had my recently departed 2.4EXi manual the fully comp insurance alone, no NCP or courtesy car, with £450 excess & 7 years NCD was about £170pa. This premium includes a multi car discount & discount for house insurance with Direct Line.

hondream likes this.
  3. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    i had mine as low as £290. 10 years ncd, no claims and no points and london postcode

honda_saj and hondream like this.
  4. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Auto 7th Generation, I'm 24 with 5 years no claims, 2 declared non fault accidents and premium was £400
    Which is the least I have ever paid for insurance! :Smile:

hondream likes this.
  5. ChrisKnottIns Site Partner Trader

If you'd like us to give you a quote we'd be very happy to help yet another member of this forum.

Quoteline: 0800 917 2274

Best,
    Nick

Ichiban and honda_saj like this.
  6. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

7th Generation 2.4 Type-S
    2 drivers with 10 years + ncd
    My wife has had 2 accidents in the last 3 years which were protected ncd.
    Last year with the same details the premium was £211approx. This year with the same insurer £349
    As another my HR-V same claim details etc
    Last year £234 this year £367. They said it was because of the accidents which were there last year.
    I have just done a multi car quote
    Admiral £450 saving £266.87
    Aviva £497 saving £219.87
    Think that's the way I'm going this year.
    And I was told by my insurance company that if there's an accident this period my ncd would not be protected.

7. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Further to my previous post.
    I rang admiral yesterday(Tuesday) to discuss my online application and when we had done the figures he quoted me were as such.
    Accord £243. HR-V £229 total around £473
    Which was a massive saving on my original insurer so I told him I'd call my insurance today to see if they could price match. Well they didn't even try so I said well in that case you can cancel both my policies as from the renewal.
    So I gave Admiral a call back and that's when things started to change!!!
    Firstly the online application had for some reason put
    12 years NCD on the Accord and 10 on the HR-V when in fact there was only 9 on both with the above NCD my premium would have been £546.66 that's everything included.
    With the new NCD plus legal cover the price was as such Accord £295.78 HR-V £288.63 total £584.41.
    I decided to do a little shopping around to see if I could get anything cheaper
    I managed to find cheaper for the HR-V but the Accord just seemed to get higher. So I decided to go with Admiral when I rang them they confirmed the cost and then tried to get me to add extra personal injury cover plus higher grade courtesy car cover plus some other crap to which I said look mate you've given me a quote that I'm happy with don't talk yourself out of my custom by adding things I don't want. So the final price multi car policy £584.41
    Which is saving me around £132 per year. So it's worth shopping around.

hondream and legend-ary like this.
  8. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    That's a very good price.

Have always found Admiral to be expensive, and hence have never insured with them, but with those sort of prices will be looking to get a quote of them next year.

9. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just out of interest guys I got my renewal documents through from the RAC today and reading through I noticed that there was legal care cover included with my cover. This started me thinking so I gave them a call and to my surprise I find that both my wife and I are covered up to £50k per claim in whichever car we are driving....
    What does that mean then?

Well I have recently taken out a multi car insurance policy with Admiral and they charged me extra for legal cover for both cars to the tune of around £60 I got a discount which took it to £44 for both cars a year.
    I decided to give my insurance a call and I explained what I had from the RAC and they promptly cancelled the legal cover and reduced my monthly payments by around £5 per month. Better in my pocket than theirs.
    What really annoyed me was I've been a member of the RAC for 4 years now and this has been written into my policy since I joined which means for the last 4 years I have been paying insurance companies extra for legal cover when I didn't need it.
    So check your breakdown policies(especially RAC) to see if you are covered then you don't need to spend extra on it with your insurance company.​

FirstHonda and hondream like this.
  10. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bank with hsbc. We opt in for the aspects insurance cover for £9.99 per month on our joint which includes breakdown, travel and mobile phone insurance for . £120 a year to cover us both for all of the above seems a good deal. Not had to use any of it so far luckily

hondream likes this.
  11. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just check the terms and conditions of your breakdown policy to see if it includes legal cover.

hondream likes this.
  12. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I misread. I was thinking about breakdown cover as an extra to car insurance. Hsbc breakdown would be just that I'd imagine. My car policy through Chris Knott has legal cover and still worked out cheaper than all else with extras stripped out

13. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Renewal price with Admiral £385.
    With Halifax(moneysupermarket search) £216....

14. honda_saj Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom saj east london
    im paying £1000 but had tt99 code on license and live in london as well

hondream likes this.
  15. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What makes it worse is the renewal on my CR-V is £588 making the total on my multi car policy of £973!!!!!!
    I've got a quote of just over £300 for that so that's saving me over £400

hondream likes this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    18 years NCB and pay 312 for my 2007 Tourer with mods.

17. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

After some serious searching I've managed to get two seperate quotes
    Accord £215
    CR-V £350
    Total £565
    So I rang Admiral and told them this and the nice girly gave me a loyalty discount of ??? £85.
    Bringing it down to £885 still £320 more than what I've found.
    She said "this quote will be good til your renewal date" I said I won't need it goodbye!!!!!
    So later today I will be signing up for some new insurance.

18. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well had a couple of days off so decided to get the insurance up and running.
    So I rang the companies that had quoted me above only to find that some of the details I had entered on their websites hadn't gone through, so after some time going through everything the prices quoted had risen quite considerably, especially when Pats only accident was added pushing the premiums up by over £100 in some cases.
    I raised the annual mileage on the CR-V and lowered the Accord but still the prices went up,at one stage getting very close to the quote from Admiral.
    I finally got a multi car quote with Privilege and after some tooing and froing and sweet talking the nice young lady on the other end of the phone I managed to get a combined cost of £701,that was £279 for the Accord and £422 on the CR-V.
    There was one interesting thing I found and that was I went for a £0 voluntary excess on both cars, and with their compulsory excess at £250, but if I put a voluntary excess of up to £200 the annual difference in price was only around £7.
    So I plumbed for the £0 .
    I then rang Admiral to cancel my policy on renewal date and they tried like nothing to get down to the quote I had, she even wanted me to put a voluntary excess of "get this" £500 making the excess on my policy £850 and even then that put the cost at £894 !!!! So I said "look just cancel my policy as you are not going to match what I've got" so in the end with the final quote she gave me I saved £193 per year. So I'm happy for another year then I'll start again.

hondream likes this.
  19. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    They won't price match at renewal, as 75% of people can't be bothered to move insurance companies. So there's no incentive for them to price match.
    Inertia.

A bit like football fans, they'll complain about the club and the management, but still keep going & to see the matches.......

20. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it's saving money which most will do then it's sensible to swap. I don't think I've kept the same insurance for more than a year for a long time.