General Accord Tyre size difference

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by gazm25, Sunday 25th Feb, 2018.

1. gazm25 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Fakenham
    Hi all

I have just noticed on my 2011 accord tourer that the front and back tyres are different.
    The front are 225/55/17 and the back ones are 225/50/17. :Messed:

Is this meant to be the case? I know the wrong sizes on the front can make a difference to the speedo accuracy.

Any advice will be more than welcome

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

What does your handbook state?

andy83 likes this.
  3. Smokingman Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    I am almost certain that they should be the same all round, i know my 09 estate is.
    This is from Blackcircles

tyres.

andy83 likes this.
  4. gazm25 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you all for your input.
    Yes they should be the same, I don't know why but the previous owner put them on. I'm now on the hunt for 2 front tyres. I do about 30k a year. Anyone with good or bad experiences with tyres?

5. Smokingman Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    I've got continental sport contract 5 on mine can't faulf them, not the cheapest of tyres but seem to suit the Accord.

i-DSI likes this.
  6. Bounder Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    I have Goodyear Efficientgrip performance on mine pretty hardwearing and grip quite well. Mine have lasted me over 18mths on rural roads with coarse chips. Just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 to replace them going to try UHP tyres for the summer and see how they fare.

i-DSI likes this.
  7. i-DSI Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    In the same leauge of 'not the cheapest': Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on mine for summer use. Really happy with them. Run them in the 18' version. They are surpisingly quiet and have extremely good grip in wet AND dry in summer conditions. Drove them last summer appr. 25.000 km. They go back on end March/begin April.

Edit: I drove them already for about 50.000 km.... 2 summer seasons. They are not half way yet.

8. Bounder Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Thats the benefit of having two sets of tyres, you always have the right tyres for the conditions and they last longer.

9. gazm25 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A lot of information is saying that The Accords were fitted with Bridgestone tyres as original, but they don't seem to be good on the fuel economy rating?

10. i-DSI Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I had Bridgestones (Turanza) as original tyres, but in 16 inch (205 width). They were good/normal in fuel economy bud bad for grip (wet!!) is my experience.

11. Smokingman Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    I would not worry to much about fuel economy, its the wet and dry grip handling which gets my vote. As it's that which keeps you on the road and out of the back of the car in front etc.

andy83, Nels, i-DSI and 1 other person like this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Mine too!

13. gazm25 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I see that Landsail LS588 get good reviews and wet handling along with Khumo tyres :sherlock:

14. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    great tyres mate also look at falken ze914 tyres..

15. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I put a set of Kumho tyres on last November, they were great through the winter with the snow. They've now done about 8k miles with little visible wear,

andy83 likes this.