That time of the year again - time for the second full detail of the year to prepare the Accord for winter. For those that don't know, I do a full detail every six months and have done so ever since I got the car when she was only a few years old. I appreciate that the car may not seem too dirty to some people but water just runs off in sheets, there is no polish left on the car. The plan of attack was to clay it, iron x it and give it a full wax and underbody clean, as well as engine component and to apply some more of that GTechniq glass water sheeting product. Thought it might interest some people how I did it. This is a 2006 Accord with 110k on the clock. Equipment/material of the day consisted of the following: - Jet washer with snow foam - DA polisher - 80s and 90s rock - Two buckets and mitt - Poorboys Black Hole - Bithamber Medium Clay Bar - Meiguars Tyre Gel - Autoglym Alloy Seal - Autoglym Hi DEF Wax - Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber - Autoglym engine degreaser - Gtechniq G1 - Loads of microfibre towels and other stuff that I can't remember about just now. Just a few shots of how the car looked before I started to clean it. Bear in mind I had only jetwashed it around 4 days before hand. Black cars are lovely clean, but they get dirty so quickly Snow foam came out first and a heavy thick coat laid onto the car. Allowed it to dwell for a few minutes before spraying it off. With the body still wet, next came out the Bithamber Medium clay bar which was split in two and destined as single use only. The first half went over the body work, with the second half going over the windows and the alloys. Bearing in mind that the body work had been jetwashed and manually cleaned with a mitt, its amazing how much dirt remains trapped. This is why you should always clay your car before waxing it as you risk just grinding the grit further into the paintwork. This image is just the bodywork being finished. The car was then just quickly wet down again and then the Iron X was sprayed over the car, alloys and engine. At this point, the car started to bleed. Even after claying, there were still contaminants on the bodywork. The car was then jet washed again to ensure that all the IronX had been removed. The body work at this point was perfectly smooth. Here you can see that there is no polish left on the car. The inside of the doors were also cleaned as was the door sills. At this stage I was going to cut the car back however the paintwork didnt need it so I left that step out. The car was then dried and at this stage, looked like this. I forgot to take any further pictures at this point as I was talking to @SpeedyGee and got distracted, however, once dry, I used the DA polisher to apply some Poorboys, Blackhole before applying two layers of Autoglym Hi DEF Wax. The interior was then tackled next starting with a microfibre cloth cleaning the dashboard and all other plastics with AG vinyl and rubber. All leather cleaned with AG leather care and the seats removed and the carpet all cleaned. All door rubbers moisterised to prevent sticking over the winter months and all locks sprayed to ensure they are still working perfectly. A quick clean of the engine, which had been snow foamed at the same time as the rest of the car and sprayed with AG engine degreaser and AG vinyl and rubber care. Much better than it was beforehand. Front and rear windscreen then fully cleaned, after being clayed, with IPA fluid and 3 layers of Gtechniq G1 applied to both of them and a single layer applied to all side windows. Used this stuff for over a year well and I documented its effectiveness here and it helps prevent icing up of the windows too. Gtechniq G1 (Detailing - ) 6 hours later, the car was finally finished. Some mandatory reflection shots. Not bad for a 10 year old car with 110k on the clock.