Additional parking sensors

Discussion in '4th Generation (2015)' started by Eck, Saturday 1st Sep, 2018.

1. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My rather excellent 2018 Jazz Sport has a little weakness.

The front sensors as fitted do not pick up much if driven straight at an object - even a wall!

There is space either side of the number plate where another pair of sensors could be fitted.

Anyone with experience of adding sensors to give advice?

2. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a service car once from Honda with parking sensors. Annoying. "You're going to hit something" it said. "No, I'm parking and planning on using this round thing to not hit something" to which it responded "change gear"

3. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thankfully mine doesn't speak, though need Honda to introduce a wifemute button

4. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Must add that it didn't speak to me, that conversation went on in my head. It just beeped and flashed lights at me.

5. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Asked dealer for price for supply and do if necessary - reply includes "Honda Accessories do not provide parking sensors that would be suitable for your vehicle".
    I wonder where the parts fairy gets them from on the production line!!

6. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Third party sensors are available. Most good car media centres can supply and fit parking sensors for small cars.

7. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Sandy but I did want the best matched colour and some of the third party stuff is not near enough.

8. Davej5 Premium Member Club Supporter

Dave Cornwall
    You can put a light coat of paint on the aftermarket sensors to match them.