Insurance Anyone Used Start Rescue or AutoAid Break Down Cover Recently - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by Accord_N22, Thursday 10th Aug, 2017.

1. Accord_N22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Guys,

On the search for new break down cover, some say we don't need it as we all drive Honda's but it is peace of mind knowing someone is there to help if things go bad.

After cancelling my renewal with the AA (they jacked the price and automatically upgraded me to silver membership without my consent)
    I have decided enough is enough. Truly fed up with these so called big break down service companies (AA and RAC)

I stumbled across Autoaid and Start Rescue and their prices seem too good to be true?

Has anyone tried them and actually used their services?

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

https://www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover?gclid=CKKCn9uizdUCFe0Q0wodjPQCqw

I heard that with Autoaid you have to actually pay the recovery company at the time of the recovery and then have to claim back the expenses afterwards?
    Is this also true for Start Rescue

Cheers Guys!

Last edited: Thursday 10th Aug, 2017
  2. Smokingman Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    Been a member of Start rescue for about five years, used them a few times on my Laguna (hopefully not on the Accord or FR-V), very good and efficient. The first time the air feed into the turbo split at the mounting and the guy fixed which lasted a week until the part arrived, next time needed recovery home due to a seized calliper both call out were very polite and courteous no issues at all. Which is why have carried on with them. The price you pay is it no additional fees.

Accord_N22 and Nels like this.
  3. AccordCU2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Brum
    Another Start rescue here 3rd year running but so far never used them so have no review to give but their price comparing to others is really good.
    Paid £52 for UK and European cover for 12 months.
    They also have decent phone app from which you let them know where you are etc.

Accord_N22 likes this.
  4. avcar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

why not have a look at this FlexPlus Current Account Details & Benefits | Nationwide All for £10 a month (increasing to £13 from 21 September 2017). which totals to £156 per year however you get the following benefits

Here's what you could get with FlexPlus

3% AER in-credit interest

(2.96% gross p.a.) variable on balances up to £2,500.
    Find out more - 3% AER in-credit interest
    UK & European Breakdown and Recovery Assistance <<<<<<<<<<

Unlimited callouts for you or anyone driving your eligible vehicle with your permission.*
    Find out more - UK & European Breakdown and Recovery Assistance
    Worldwide family travel insurance

Worldwide travel insurance for you and your family, including winter sports, golf and business.
    Find out more - Worldwide family travel insurance
    Worldwide family mobile phone insurance

Cover for you and family members living at the same address. No need to register your mobile up front.
    Find out more - Worldwide family mobile phone insurance
    3 month fee-free overdraft

and a £100 (increasing to £250 from 21 September 2017)
    fee-free limit after that.
    Find out more - 3 month fee-free overdraft
    Commission-free cash withdrawals abroad

We won't charge you any commission for cash withdrawals made while you are abroad.
    Learn more

I don't work for Nationwide before anyone asks lol

5. Accord_N22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for the input guys :Smile:
    I am seriously leaning towards start rescue, very well priced too.

6. Smokingman Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    Just had my Start Rescue renewal £90 which included a £10 loyalty discount was £100 last year. That's for two cars, my Accord and Jools FR-V, and European cover on the Accord.

Accord_N22 likes this.
  7. Accord_N22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats a awesome price.
    Will be signing up to Start rescue this week.

Online discount code for 15% off
    MVC58481599A