ICE & HFT Aux input question - HELP!

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by stuart07970, Friday 9th Feb, 2018.

1. stuart07970 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Stuart Slough
    just bought a Honda Legend!

There’s a 3.5mm audio cable in the armrest - yay!

But how do I get the stereo to select the aux input???
    (I just can’t work it out!)

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey Stuart on the Accords and other Honda hit the mode button until you see aux on the screen. It like flicking through Radio, CD mode options till you get to Aux.

3. stuart07970 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Stuart Slough
    Thank you sir - but this has not worked - anyone got any other suggestions?
    (I appreciate that it could just be a dead cable)

4. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine has an iPod adaptor cable in the glovebox. It uses the CD controls and pressing the CD button toggles between the CD player and the iPod. Perhaps yours is configured the same?

5. BikoBikoBiko Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There seem to be a few different ways that these things work. I'm in the same situation but have not had time to try anything yet, the following is what I've learned by reading other posts on this forum.

Try going to radio and coming back to disc in less than 5 seconds or try press and hold the "<<tune" button.

6. stuart07970 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Stuart Slough
    Thanks for the suggestion - i’ve tried the DISC button but that hasn’t worked
    - - - Updated - - -
    I’ve tried the ‘going to FM and then back to cd’ within 5 seconds, but that hasn’t worked for me.
    Thanks for the tune back button suggestion - fingers crossed -

7. BikoBikoBiko Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good luck, I found out how mine works but don't think that it'll help you. I have a Pure DAB radio device plumbed in somehow which transmits on FM, this has an iPod connection with a USB lead coming in to the big bin under the arm rest. I just have to switch the Pure device to iPod. Hope you work your system out.

8. cat-guy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cat-guy United Kingdom
    I thought the 3.5 audio plug was not working in my CR-V, however if you crank up the main volume button on the radio you will hear the sound from whatever device you have plug in.

9. stuart07970 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Stuart Slough
    I think i’m Out of luck, maybe it’s a dead cable...

Thanks for your suggestions everyone

10. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just need to try something on my setup when I get a minute. I'll get back to you ASAP. Don't give up all hope yet!

11. BikoBikoBiko Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As daunting as it sounds, you could pull out the radio and see where the cable plugs in.

12. stuart07970 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Stuart Slough
    Sounds like the best idea
    If only it wasn’t so damned cold

13. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've now reminded myself how I opperate mine and it is no help here unfortunately. After quoting the method stated in the manual, I had a feeling that button number 6 came into it somewhere. Turns out that just advances through the iPod play list.

14. stuart07970 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Stuart Slough
    Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner !
    The main dealer (Johnson’s Honda in Slough) have discovered that its an FM modulator, not a digital CD changer. YAY tune into 89.9 and it’s all good to go!
    Thanks everyone for your help!

Nels likes this.