Engine & Gearbox B16a conversion Lsi

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by TerryMcgurk, Tuesday 16th Oct, 2012.

1. TerryMcgurk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha you've had some experience then ! And yeah mate I mean I'm gonna be starting the conversion Monday morning still cleaning and painting things up now :Smile: if your free and want to pop over then sweet be good to see another EG too ! If not even a mobile number would be good for advice and what not

2. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A little bit. I've never done a D15B2 to B16A though but as has been said the majority of stuff can just be unbolted from the DX and fitted straight into the LSi.

What's your plan of attack?

3. TerryMcgurk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well ill have the rest of this weekend hopefully stripping bits and cleaning and painting nd I've got next week off so I imagine ill be stripping everything out the silver one come Monday :Smile: View attachment 11029 just hot the engine out an my mates doing a cambelt n water pump on it for me I think this weekend :Smile:

4. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wrote a nice little guide on how to swap out the obd0 dpfi loom for an obd1 loom a while back.

You can find it here:

If you follow my steps and pictures you won't go wrong, it's easy.

If you get stuck feel free to drop me a PM.

Oh, gutting to see Simons old car like that btw :Frown:

5. TerryMcgurk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers dude the guide did help ! Got the loom from the dx today and stripped out the loom from the Lsi ... I've gotta say looks like a proper confusing one ! View attachment 11075 Just hoping everything goes alright tommorrow putting the dx's loom in! Can anyone tell me if I'm right in thinking I'm using the Lsi fuse boxes ECT.. And will I be ok running it on the stanard Lsi tank ECT... or do I have to change the pump /pipes over cheers

6. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lsi tank and lines are fine but use the fusebox out the white one as they can be different from model to model and uk to JDM

7. TerryMcgurk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just finished putting the rear discs on ! :Smile: looking a lot better now I've changed the loom over just finishing up in a few last connectors and bits them just gotta get my cam belt done and the engine can go back In :Smile:

8. TerryMcgurk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Struggling to get the clock and stereo working :/ I have checked the earth on the back of the dash but still nothing ... Anyone have any ideas ?

9. egcivicjoe Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i did this conversion! quite easy, but i had everything includeing dash loom so it was just straight swap! has your car got a obd2 dash loom or a conversion harness?

10. TerryMcgurk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Power steering :/ decided I was going to get rid of it ! I'm after the easiest way to remove it if anybody can help me :Smile: cheers

11. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Easiest way to remove.. Well loop the power steering I found is to rip all the PAS system out. Cut off the metal pipes at the rack end so the connection has a couple of inches of pipe on it. Then I used a bit of the rubber pipe from the system to loop those two outlets.

That is the easiest way.

12. TerryMcgurk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All done pal ! She's up and running... Been out in her and wow! I've missed that engine haha still checking everything at the minute but it seems good :Smile:

13. SimonF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good to hear. :Smile:

14. TerryMcgurk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

View attachment 11202 :Smile: all finished with the conversion want to say cheers for all your help and advice

15. Ashwvei Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Was just reading through this looked like a nice EG befour the crash :Frown: I have an EG vei and want to do a b16/b18 swap but not sure about looms? Could sumone please help thanks ash

16. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you have a vei, you won't need to change the loom.

The most you might have to do is wire up the MAP sensor as I'm pretty sure your vei will have the plug on the engine loom and the b16 will have it on the cabin loom.. but that's only 3 wires.

17. Ashwvei Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks mate

18. sajaad777 New Member Getting Started

Hi,

Slightly confused on a few things would be great to have your opinion as far as possible.
    I am doing a similar conversion by taking out a 1.5l D15B (non-VTEC OBD0) from an LSi and putting in a B16(OBD1) from an SIR EG4

1. Is the Interior loom 1 & Dash loom the same thing?

2. My LSi has additional dash options (sunroof, rear fog) but if I change the SIR dash loom with the Swap, will it still have plugs to connect the sunroof and rear fog light switches? (if not what can I make to make them work after the engine swap?)

3. Will I need to purchase an esi or Vti dash looms (VTEC models) which will have similar dash setups to the Lsi

Thanks
    Picture for attention
    Dash.