B18c4 ej9 poor idle

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by greener, Friday 14th Jun, 2013.

1. greener New Member Getting Started

Hey folks, just put a b18c4 into my ej9 with a skunk2 ultra street intake. The intake has a relocation kit for the idle control valve, I have taken a vacum from before the throttle body to the IACV and from that straight into the intake. The problem I'm getting is a fluctuating idle from 1000-1500 RPM. Can anybody help me on the situation?

2. luke3081 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have you tried to clean the iavc, I had a similar problem with mine, cleaned it and it ran fine after that

3. greener New Member Getting Started

Cleaned it and have put another known to be working

4. LazyDeano Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mine does the same thing with skunk 2 inlet

5. greener New Member Getting Started

Have found the problem, the throttle body is too small for the intake which allows air to travel straight through the idle passage straight into the the intake. I blocked the back of the passage off ( side nearest the intake) the drilled and tapped the throttle bodie for a new vacum. It now idle perfect. Hope this helps you guys that are having the same problem

6. LazyDeano Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah great. So now I know what the cause of my problem is too. Think I will just be buying 70mm TB