Tools Bargain Thread -Tools, Parts, Consumables etc

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by AndyB1976, Monday 12th May, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I may even get at that price even halfords does not offer a digital one. The thing will be will this wrench hold its calibration after a year is another thing.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's the great unknown. I've been looking to replace my aged torque wrench for a while.
    I'll get one eventually. :fingerscrossed:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would get the older ones recalibrated by a good outfit around you mate that will give you an indication how good they are? when the calibration report comes in you can see how far out it was and if there was a massive swing then you know its not that good after all.

Never drop torque wrench either it does not help them treat them like a fragile glass item. drop them it off to get recalibrated:Angry:

andy83 likes this.
  4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I'll have a look at the calibration form and user manual and see if there is any 'guarantee' or recommendation on the calibration of the wrench.

If I was doing more involved jobs and regularly e.g. engine rebuild, I would probably spend couple of hundred pounds and by a Snap On or something. But I mostly do noddy stuff and occasionally so spending lots of money wouldn't make any sense. My £30 Sealey torque wrench lasted well, 4 years, so hopefully this will be usable for just as long, the benefit of it being digital is of course having the accuracy.

5. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    I think LIDL are selling an automatic wire stripper and a small selection of connectors for £8 this week (I've lost the leaflet)

I bought an ebay copy of this tool about a year ago and it makes wire stripping so much easier, a good buy for £8

wirestripper.JPG

honda_saj and Nels like this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I treat all my tools like that. Come to think of it, I've been like that for as long as I can remember, even with toys when I was a child.

Ichiban and honda_saj like this.
  7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It would probably be OK for light duties. £100 is pretty cheap for a cordless impact driver, you need to spend around £300 to get a decent one.

exec likes this.
  9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Yeh I opted out, didn't see much use for it, as most reviews say yiou need hand undo bolts first, so like whats the point, can just use a normal drill to undo the rest.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I got a wire striper too before xmas and these things make light work just an awesome tool

AndyB1976 likes this.
  11. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Aye, its genius how it works, effortless too. I bought a Dremel gas soldering iron, (£20 lightning deal) thats also pretty good being able to solder away from mains. Coupled with that automatic stripper any wire work got a whole lot easier.

Ichiban, Harvey and Nels like this.
  12. Davej5 Premium Member Club Supporter

Dave Cornwall
    I have a very similar Sealey one that I paid a little more for and it will loosen my wheel bolts no problem, as long as the battery is not getting flat.

exec likes this.
  13. DrSam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    honda_saj, exec and Nels like this.
  14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It would be good to have a review from one of the members about that pump.
    It could be very useful for oil changes too.

honda_saj, andy83 and DrSam like this.
  15. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    DrSam and Nels like this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds