Electrical & Lights Battery drained after 2 wk holiday - honda accord 2.4. odd behaviour when driving after jump start

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Tim Martin, Monday 16th Apr, 2018.

1. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tim Hertfordshire
    Came back to find i couldn't even open the doors with the fob. Turns out the rear internal light may have been left on over the 2 weeks..

as a result I eventually managed to jump start the car but the hazard lights wouldn't stop flashing as i drove around the block (even though hazard button not on) and the sat nav kept turning on and off.. - I did manage to successfully put radio code in though.
    Also noticed power steering heavy turning...

Is this all the result of weak power from the battery ? I had the car on for about 20 minutes as i was unable to drive further safely due to not being able to indicate..

not sure if 20 mins is enough to charge the battery back to normal - but ill try turning it over again tomorrow..
    battery only 2 years old..

Thoughts welcome :Smile:

2. Sphinx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Take battery off and trickle charge properly overnight - should be good ok in the morning.

RogerH69 likes this.
  3. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tim Hertfordshire
    Turns out my battery was being paralytically drained by the handsfree kit - dealership appeared to know about this fault.
    After 6-7 years the handsfree kits in the hondas can fail and at that point the drain on the battery happens.
    It killed 2 perfectly good batteries before fault identified though and the handsfree kit was unplugged..

4. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Sometimes if you completely drain a battery it will never be right. It may take a charge but it won't be a full recharge and it will drain fast. A garage can check under load test, even QuickFit can do this, and if the battery checks out you may be OK, or not. I learned my expensive lessons re batteries with a few difficult cars.