Best place to start

Discussion in 'Honda K-Series' started by Jamiecl9, Tuesday 7th Nov, 2017.

1. Jamiecl9 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jamie Glasgow
    Hi all!

Before I get started, let me know if i’ve posted in the right area.. i’m sure the last thing you guys want is a newbie messing up haha!

I’m after a advice on the K24A3 CL9 upgrade options as, In the new year, I’m wanting to pursue more power, but not sure on the best place to start?

Currently have the Skunk2 Catback but what next? thinking a manifold, intake, high flow cat & reflash/KTuner ECU? bit overwhelming where to start :Blink:

Any suggestions and/or advice would be appreciated

Thanks guys!

Jamie

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    Hello Jamie this guide might worth a read also this , also be nice if @K24 CL9 GUY can give any advice as he has done a lot to his CL9, I also know @SpeedyGee is great on knowledge and advice on the K-series..
    Thanks
    Andy

Jamiecl9 and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  3. Jamiecl9 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jamie Glasgow
    Nice, thanks @andy83.

I know the CL9 is pretty restrctive in terms of getting air in & out. Think i’ll just stock pile & go wild fitting everything at once :Grin:

K24 CL9 GUY and andy83 like this.
  4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Hello mate you've joined one of the groups on Facebook recently haven't you? Is this your first car by any chance? Power wise I did cat back, exhaust header and decat, induction kit then the reflash and that truly livens it up :vtec: The biggest noticeable change was the reflash and for just £300 odd is definitely your best first step I'd say but bare in mind that I felt the full benefits of doing the reflash because I had already done the other bits first. Header and decat cost me around £450 and the Induction was £370. Feel free to ask any questions :Thumbup:

Jamiecl9 likes this.
  5. Jamiecl9 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jamie Glasgow
    I have mate yes. The HK group on Facebook.

It is my first car indeed mate. Was that the Littlebo reflash you done?, i’ve been reading & researching where I can so far, gaining some knowledge, just need to get it in practice!:Smile:

Thanks mate!

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  6. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

I've sent you a couple video's of the with or without reflashed ECU test I did :Wink:

Jamiecl9 and andy83 like this.
  7. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    No problems mate having a long term plan be best over all, then you get chance to look about and have it totally how you want it..
    Thanks
    Andy

Jamiecl9 likes this.
  8. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Yes it was the @littlebo reflash and I can point you in the right direction if you want to go ahead with it :Grin:

Jamiecl9 and andy83 like this.
  9. Jamiecl9 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jamie Glasgow
    Appreciate all the help! :agree:

I’ll be sure to ask questions as i’d be tackling most of the swapping of parts myself, maybe not the headers but intake & ECU swap seems easy enough:crazyeyes:

andy83 likes this.
  10. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

andy83 and Jamiecl9 like this.
  11. Jamiecl9 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jamie Glasgow
    Ah! Wondered about the pics there haha

Having built ikea furniture with no manuals being read, I guess i’ll be fine:Niceone:

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.