ICE & HFT bluetooth problems...

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by dovydas112, Sunday 18th Jun, 2017.

1. dovydas112 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dovydas GRAYS
    Hi guys,
    Anyone having problems with bluetooth? my one not able to find and pair any phones, was working fine, and just stopped working a while ago, tried few different phones but still nothing, always says "no phones has been found" thinking to take apart and clean bluetooth unit but not sure where is located, maybe someone can tell me? Honda accord 8 gen I-DTEC ex with sat nav.
    Many thanks for any info.

2. honda_saj Banned

United Kingdom saj east london
    There is some info of removing and cooking Bluetooth module In oven

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

3. Timbo New Member Getting Started

Has anyone got a 'fix' for pairing a new mobile to the HFT?
    My previous Sony worked fine in my 2008 Accord but have now upgraded to a more recent Sony but whilst the phone recognises the Honda, the Honda won't pick up the phone. I've spoken to Honda who advise that this phone hasn't been tested with the cars' Bluetooth module and that the software can't be changed. I've then spoken to Sony who advise that the phone firmware can't be updated, so I'm left with a non-functioning system. is there any way of getting the two to speak to each other?

4. Smokingman Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    I have no problems on my 2009 Accord using my Sony Xperia X which is a year old!

andy83 likes this.
  5. Airbear Banned Getting Started

Scotland Airbeer Glasgow
    I've given up pairing phones on mine.
    It'll go through the pairing process and then randomly drop the pairing anything from three days to three weeks later.
    All three phones I've tried have been Android based (Nexus, LG & Motorola), so never tried it with Windows or IOS.

Given Smokingman (above) has had no issues with his Android, it might be that I have a flaky BT module as well.
    In the end I just bought a visor mount BT speaker from Argos for £35.

6. Knight Time New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom TC Wells
    Does anyone know of a repair service for the HFT unit on my accord please. I cannot believe a new one from Honda is £1200

7. FUGMASTER Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE
    Unbelieveable price??? Out of interest my HFT will not pick-up my phone's (Samsung Galaxy A3, ten moths old) phonebook, so have had to enter everything manually.

8. arahman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Uk
    My Accord forgets my phone every few weeks, it's quite frustrating to set it up again since it's all voice based, even though there's a massive screen in the dash (sigh....why Honda, why!?!)

I actually find the handsfree quite useful so endure the pain of setting it up again. But it would be nice to know why it forgets my phone every so often.

I had the same problem with my previous phone, a Sony, and now with my LG, both Android