Buying an engine

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by Slayer99, Saturday 10th Feb, 2018.

1. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts
    Just thought id ask for a little advise before buying another engine.

In the past iv always baught engines through forums but seems like that doesent happen anymore.

Anyway, iv been looking on ebay and find a few for sale in breaking ads of tuned cars, mainly from the same sellers. But im usure if to trust what im buying as they will just be trying to make as much money as they can and it makes you wonder why they are even breaking the car, and or if parts would be missing what you wouldn't notice at first.

I know obviosly they are breaking cars because its their business but it just don't want to end up with a nasty, as thats the luck i have!

I can remember when people first started doing k swaps and the scams were always through ebay.

Its holding me back now as i need to get something baught soon so i can carry on with my build.

Im only after a B18c4 but as a swap so i could do with all the bits to go with.

Peace out.

2. Hondalad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    I had the same problem last year, all the breakers don't seem to care and just want top money for all the parts without knowing the history or anything about them. I'd been looking for a B16A2 for my EJ6 for ages and nearly gave up hope but I found a lad selling one that wasn't a breaker and was K swapping his EK4 so was selling the engine with everything needed to do a swap.

One will turn up, I just set B16A2 as a saved search in eBay so it told me everytime something new came on to do with a B16. A lot of the time you get just parts and oil filters etc coming up but there were some engines too.

3. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts
    Yea sucks ass, did you look at the engine whilst fitted. Im not gonna rush into buying scrap but i do want the engine in the next couple of months ready for season.

The last 2 engine i baught have not been what i thought so just being careful.

4. Hondalad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    No but he sent me pictures of it and a video of it running. He'd made a nice job of getting it out as well. Not cutting through anything.

I had to go all the way to Essex to get it though (I'm from Derbyshire) but it was worth it because it's a good engine.

5. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts
    Yea thats cool man, nice to know there are decent people about selling engines an parts.

Traveling for bits if fun anyway. Iv been ireland before getting parts. Jokes

6. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts
    So i messaged someone about an engine yesterday just asking common questions, is they history, is it there personal car or is it a busines as the ad was not all that clear, but it was pretty local and it kind of looked like a private sale.

No reply yet. Can anyone hook me up with a decent b18c4