Clonk noise when releasing clutch and pulling away

Discussion in '4th Generation (2015)' started by Neo, Thursday 24th May, 2018.

1. Neo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neo Birmingham
    I am experiencing a clonk and squeaking noise when pulling away as I release the clutch in first gear. Is this failure of the gearbox mount?
    Anyone could confirm if this is a feature of Jazz or a problem please?

2. Neo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just been test driving with the mechanics at the dealer. Noise was not able to duplicate.
    So not fixed.

As I was driving home the noise is present again. And after more reading on clutch problems. The problem I am trying to described maybe caused by clutch chattering. It is the same symptoms as other people uses to describe the problem.
    Its look like not s s hot problem , and people lives with it.
    I didn't expect their from a Honda.

3. Neo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The noise problem has got worse.
    Been to the dealer And I managed to replicate the noise. The mechanic thinks it's the exhaust system making the noise. They took it in the service bay and did something. They then said it's the gearbox bushing which will be replaced.
    I did mentioned this at the beginning and they didn't seem to this bk it's affect this Jazz model. But this was a common problem for previous model.
    But the noise seems to have gone when I took the car home. They may have tightened the exhaust system??? But I am going let them replace the bushing and hopefully the noise never return.