Engine & Gearbox CR-V Clutch Master Cylinder

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Jaydor54321, Monday 16th Oct, 2017.

1. Jaydor54321 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jaydor Holbeach
    Hi All
    I have had this EX 2007 model for 12 months now its done just over 100,000 miles spend quite bit of money on it replacing the essential like clutch & flywheel, rotors and disc etc. So I do intend to keep it very happy with the car over all.
    When I brought it I knew about the dreaded clutch pedal squeak and all the ways to resolve it. I have tried them all apart from actually replacing the cylinder.
    I was in touch with the dealers last year and they quoted a part number 46920-SWY -020 at a costs of £ 186.46. I chose to live with the squeak at the time.
    Now however I have decided to replace the cylinder as the squeaking and creaking is driving me mad in traffic (Oh for an automatic) I contacted the dealers and they came back with another revised part number 46925-SWY-E43 at a costs of £ 234.94 incl Vat.

Now the reason for this as any one out there had one of these new revision parts fitted and does it stop the squeaking and creaking?
    Love to hear your comments,

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@Jaydor54321 this is in the Site feedback/help section.
    I have therefore, moved it to the CR-V section

andy83 likes this.
  3. Patc50 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Pat Nantwich
    Hi there - I have an '09 2.2 CR-V that had the clutch pedal squeak - in fact, more of a creak. The clutch master cylinder was said to be the problem and was replaced under my extended warranty. However, when I collected the car the squeak/creak was still there. It was then diagnosed as a fault with the pedal box. This was also replaced under warranty and now all is well. Before spending the money just check that it is actually the master cylinder that's at fault.
    Hope this helps.

andy83 likes this.
  4. Jaydor54321 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah thanks for the info but we took of the pedal box and cleaned and grease it etc but still the same, the Master cylinder I have brought is the latest revision so I will post the result on Saturday fingers crossed. What date was your replacement done? I understand a lot of dealers take the cylinders of and repack then with grease which solves the problem for a short time. Did you get your old one back?

5. Patc50 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Pat Nantwich
    My master cylinder replacement was done about 2 months ago. I didn't get the old one back but then again I didn't ask for it. My car has an extended warranty lasting for another 2 years so I assume that, as it's under warranty and effectively Honda is paying for the part, the main dealer took the sensible option and replaced it with a new part.
    Let us know how you get on with the job.
    Cheers

andy83 likes this.
  6. Paul1000 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Neston
    Hi, mine was bad, tried everything, 3 in 1 oil spray with 3 of the red pipes together and get it in the slot in the master cylinder and let rip while moving the pedal, you need a torch and mirror and a flexible back lol, stays nice for months

7. Jaydor54321 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All
    Just to update everyone on the clutch master cylinder replacement. We did it took 2.5 hrs. wasn't to bad completely removed the drivers seat jack the car up on drivers side as high as we could,, placed axle stands for safety.
    Remove the three nuts and one bolt, removed the bolts holding the cylinder to the peddle box remove the clevis pin & connectors. Fitted new one reassembled.
    Bled the new cylinder and test drove.
    Perfect no noise at last i will come back on here after 6 weeks and let you all know if it is still the same.
    I have to say the MD price for this cylinder is scandalous but there you go.

8. Jaydor54321 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Update on Clutch Pedal did this last October and to date no noise still.

Nels likes this.
  9. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated. Glad it has worked out ok in the end even though it was an expensive fix.