Daily Driver Dads Taxi

Other Honda Models vehicle added by naDiel, Wednesday 9th May, 2018

1. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

naDiel added a new Honda to the garage:

Dads Taxi

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Right!
    I haven't updated this bit for a long, long time!
    There were few things that happened. Nothing overly major though... Till this week :Wink:
    But first things first!

So the car has been cleaned as best as the lads next to me could do it in preparation for Mimms, so I took quite a few snaps for the inside and outside of the car. Then I went with a rag through the engine bay a bit:

But before that I had to take care of the headlights:

Before:
    img_2013.

After:
    img_2014.

Clean car pictures:
    img_2015.
    img_2016.
    img_2017.
    img_2018.
    img_2019.
    img_2020.
    img_2022.
    img_2024.
    img_2025.
    img_2027.
    img_2033.
    img_2031.
    img_2034.

Roof bars and wheel caps on:
    img_2037.
    img_2035.
    img_2036.
    img_2038.
    img_2039.

Didn't take any pictures of her during mimms... Was too busy ogling other cars but purchased probably the only sticker (well maybe I'll get another one at some point) that I am going top put on her:
    img_2040.

And then whilst at mimms I have noticed something that really disturbed me:
    img_2043.

Yes that is the air intake pipe going poop :Frown: So I have looked on buyee.jp and then over here in UK for replacements but obviously decided that if I am going to spend the money anyway then...
    s-l16010.

I might as well buy an induction kit for it :Grin:

Well this K&N Typhoon is designed for Civic SI and such but... I still somewhat fits! :Grin:

But as I wanted to start getting the car done with my own touch I repainted the induction a different shade :Wink: No pics from then, but got some before and after in the engine bay:

img_2044.

img_2045.

And while it is not a perfect solution as the car now gets too much air, it works well and the it's only noticeable on motorway trying to drive economically when drove during cold weather. Goes fine after warming up properly though!
    I will try and upload the sound difference between OEM and K&N when I get a moment and believe me the difference is monumental! Apart fro that the car accelerates a bit better is a bit more responsive and more fun to drive once you put your foot down. If you drive calmly you can hardly notice that there is induction kit installed!

Mart609 and andy83 like this.
  3. Mart609 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mart Dudley, West Mids
    Love a StepWGN

naDiel likes this.