Electrical & Lights Damaged parking sensor - anything I can do?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by noonand, Sunday 18th Jun, 2017.

1. noonand Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Derek Ballysimon
    Hello all,

It looks like someone reversed into my front bumper and damaged a parking sensor there. The net result now is that I get a warning on the dash that stays on all the time. I can turn the warning off by turning off the whole sensor system but I'd prefer not to have to do that if possible.

I asked the local garage and was told that the sensors were €300 each which seems way too much. Can I bypass the affected one somehow or is there some OEM version that anyone knows of?

- D

2. NugentS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sean Slough
    Yes there is (I have already been there). But you do have to be very careful with part codes.
    I bought 2 of these from China via Ebay: Fit Honda Accord Odyssey Pilot 39680-TK8-A11 PDC Parking Distance Control Sensor from a seller called r-sline2014
    They work albeit not quite the correct colour
    Take an existing model out and make sure you get the correct part code - I think the A11 is the colour code
    Do not assume that a model for an Accord year 20nn is correct - get the part code correct

3. noonand Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Derek Ballysimon
    @NugentS - many thanks for your reply and apologies for my tardiness in acknowledging it. I will follow up with the links you've provided and post back here so others can benefit

4. noonand Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Derek Ballysimon
    Nels likes this.
  5. NugentS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry about that - I may have got confused.
    Just be careful that the part code matches what you actually have. I originally ordered ones that the various compatible with which cars said would work on my car - but they didn't and were the wrong ones. Colour maybe less important - I can hardly tell I have the wrong ones (Grey/Black) and the dealer did say that they would spray them once they worked. On the ebay link - it doesn't even mention Accord - but that appears to be what Honda put in the UK Accords - and I can assure you - the wrong ones don't work

Sean

Just as an aside - where the hell did that Amazon link come from. Having clicked on it - there is no way I embedded that link.

6. noonand Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Derek Ballysimon
    If they're wrong they're wrong :-S

I just ordered a 4-pack for ~€50 so I really can't go wrong with a price like that. If nothing else I'll hook them up to the GPIO pins on a Raspberry Pi and see if I can use them to do some programming with the children ;-)

Re the Amazon link, perhaps there's some auto-linking function in the forum software?

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm not sure how you got an Amazon link?

Thank you for posting the Odyssey link @noonand
    This will help others who may find they need to replace sensors.

Let us know how you get on with them.

8. NugentS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am going to put my original ones back. I still have them and it turned out to be the sensor switch that was faulty

9. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne

Attached Files: