General Deleting Blank Pages

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Thursday 14th Jun, 2018 at 2:44pm.

1. TheDarkKnight Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anyone know how to delete the blank (Android) pages on the CR-V (4th Generation/Facelift) infotainment screen?

Annoying as hell to see three-four pages of nothing - much rather they were deleted!

Any ideas folks?

(Thanks in advance to whoever replies!)

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Not sure what you mean. I've never seen any blank pages on mine. When exactly do you see them and I'll see if mine is the same.

Keith

3. TheDarkKnight Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Keith

Please find attached.

First image shows the normal system apps etc, the end shows the blank pages with nothing on. Thats what I am trying to delete/get rid of - and there's about 3 other totally blank pages.

Attached Files:

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Ah yes, I see what you mean. I've never noticed them before but I suspect that they are for any additional apps (to the 6 on the front page) that you may wish to load in the future. I say that on the basis that I have the same apps as you on the front page but instead of the Honda App Centre, I have something called "Aha" (haven't got a clue what it is though), however it would appear that you can only have 6 apps per page and in my case, the Honda App Centre, i.e. the 7th app, is on the 1st blank page.

If it is as I suggest, I doubt you will be able to delete them as they will be part of the system's programme to accommodate additional apps to those installed at the factory.

It would be interesting to know how many are available and how you get them.

PS - Don't ask me why I've got 7 and you've got 6 though.

Keith

5. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you can't delete them is it possible to put wallpaper on them see below

andy83 likes this.
  6. TheDarkKnight Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks @vincemince for those vids. Thats the last resort!

I deleted that stupid "Aha" thing and moved the Honda App to the space left by it, hence why I have only 6 icons there.

Suspect you are right though about those other pages hardcoded into the software - which is a monumental annoyance. I like things minimalistic on screen - guess I may have to live with it. Grrrr.