Difficult to start N22A1 P0602 - Glowplug P0380

Discussion in 'Honda N-Series' started by Tris, Friday 5th Oct, 2018.

1. Tris Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tris South West
    Morning All,

Had our FR-V 10 years now and its been amazing, few niggles recently so like to get on top of it ASAP as its my daily while the Mrs drives about in her CR-V. Started to shutdown with an excessive shake when turning the ignition off like it was running crappy but when ticking over its fine, also hard to start sometimes have to lock/unlock alot and keep trying. Been readin on the forum that its likely to be the ECU? Ran an EOBD diagnostic checker and returned 2 faults.

P0602 Control Module Programming Error
    P0380 Glow Plug/Heater Circuit A - Maldunction

The P0380 has been there 6 months or so and I believe is down to a valve that needs replacing on the circuit but has caused no other issues, can anybody tell me where the ECU is located so I can check the serial number and source a replacement unit please?

Glowplugs I changed 5 years ago so suspect they are fine still and the P0602 issue is seperate. Going to fully charge the battery now to rule it out but convinced its ECU related.

Tris

2. Tris Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tris South West
    what is the cause of issues with the ECU is it dry solder joints that can be repaired just like the main relay issues on older Hondas or is it a bit more sinister? Is there a requirement to have a replacement ECU 'coded' at Honda or can you 1:1 the defective one without any other issues?

3. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    It is easy to check older model diesel injectors. Five minutes with a multimeter will tell you if the glow plugs are OK, or not.