ICE & HFT Double din finally done

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micko, Thursday 4th Jun, 2015.

1. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    So boys. Just finished with my double din install. For now I will only post photos of it done and then I will make a diy when I am of work. And just for the record, the sound is much much much better with an aftermarket head unit. Mine is pioneer avh-8500bt with navi modul f-260.

20150604_113655. 20150604_115809. 20150604_115749.

dinoc, Ichiban, SpeedyGee and 2 others like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good job @micko that looks pretty cool.

Last edited: Tuesday 9th Jun, 2015
  4. silma Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland silma Siivikkala
    i have Pioneer SPH-DA120 2din headunit lying around and just ordered Fascia adapter but im confused about iso, iso t-harness etc. Can anyone help me out what adapters i need to order? Car is Executive so it has premium sound system with 10 speakers + subwoofer but not navigation.

i found couple threads in other forum for Acura TSX but they use metra adapters and PAC adapter for steering wheel.

this one Connects2 Ltd ?
    or this one? Metra 70-1730 Radio amplifier connection cable Honda from 2008 Civic CR-V Accord | eBay
    for steering wheel controls either of these? Connects2 Ltd

5. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    you will have to order the connections from usa/ebay. there is a other user in here that tried to use the connections like i did for mine but the sound wasent good becouse the amp was not connected. and there are no slot for the amp connection.
    - - - Updated - - -
    you can also buy this one CTSHO003.2 Steering Wheel Control Adaptor + Patch Lead For HONDA Insight 2009> | eBay
    but the speakers won't be amplified. so you will have to connect all the speakers to a aftermarket amplifier then it will work.

silma likes this.
  6. silma Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland silma Siivikkala
    OK thanks if you look the first adapter link it says its for premium audio? and that metra adapter was used in US builds which uses rca connectors to connect headunits preouts won't that work then and would go thru cars own amplifier?

Im a little bit confused :Smile: is there an external amp for all speakers or just for subwoofer + rear speakers? Have to do some more digging

7. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    when i connected mine there were 2 connecters that i could not connect to the aftermarket stwering Wheel adapter. on One of the connecters there stod Something like power amp/speaker. i Think Thats the connection for the premium sound system.

8. boki_cu2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Sydney
    There is no harness for premium sound. Been thru this road. What you will need is new amp to get everything working fine.
    Harness with rcas will have low volume but will work.
    So if you turn volume to 40 on rca harness will feel like 10 on stock unit. Also that harness plug for subwoofer is useless :Frown: doesnt plug anywhere.

silma likes this.
  9. silma Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland silma Siivikkala
    Well that is dissapointing, weird that connects2 advertises that they have harness for premium audio. Have to think this again because installing new amp + wiring everything is much more work and costs more than i will gain From this. Might just sell my headunit then only purpose was testing Apple CarPlay and would get nicer navigation thru dashmounted Pioneer.

10. boki_cu2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Sydney
    Hmm wonder which harness they have? Any links?

If you do try it keep us updated.

11. silma Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland silma Siivikkala
    Here Connects2 Ltd

It won't connect to steering wheel i think but i assume it would connect headunit to correct speakers & sub.

When the dashboard adapter arrives ill remove headunit and i will send pictures to connects2 and they will check if its compatible. I will document whole install if it works.

12. boki_cu2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Sydney
    Hmmm interesting i really hope this does fit.
    I did see one other one CT53-HD01 wonder if this would work.
    Either way if your one works i will be buying it ASAP :Smile:

13. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    when you look at the last link, there are only 3 connection options. this is the one i used. and in mine the where 2 connection left that i could not connect from the OEM radio and one of them was the premiun sound amp. but when you look at the first link it has 5 connection so it probably will fit youre premium sound system. i just don't know have you will connect the patchlead from youre stereo to the wheel. it looks like you will have to cut some wires for that.