Driiive.com - official thread

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by daviiid, Friday 14th Jun, 2013.

1. daviiid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I want to show you new website for all car enthusiasts that I created with 3 other car crazy friends - Driiive.com.

You can create "business card" for your car (cars), easily share it on Forums with custom made userbars etc.

Driiive is a perfect supplement for car forums. The way we see it: Car Forums + Driiive = <3

This is how it looks right now:

hondacivic.

So far we've got like + 30 Civic profiles, here's some fresh Civic profile - driiive.com/dual-carb-vtec

Driiive is still in the beta version, we're working on it afterhours, I hope'll you like it.

Any suggestions or feedback would be great.

Cheers,
    David

PS. Driiive is free.

2. Porker Guest

3. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks good, when I have time, will make a profile

4. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here's mine: http://www.driiive.com/Andy

Bit lifeless atm though as I only signed up 2 days ago and don't have any more pics of my car lol

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 14th Jun, 2013
  5. daviiid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Thanks for feedback mates, feel free to try Driiive and point out any bugs and weeknesses;-) We are in the beta stage, so I bet there are a few:Wink:

Cheers,

David

6. Azad_R Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sick!

I'm going to make a profile ;0

7. ben bury Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gonna pass this on

8. jake17 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Funnily enough i thought about this sort a little while back as there isnt anything really like it kicking about that i know of anyway, looks like a really well thought out layout so will defo be making a profile when i get home from work!

9. daviiid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Porker

@Andy

@Azad_R

Welcome mates, so great to have you on board!!

@Smiley

@jake17

Whenever you're ready:Wink:

@ben bury

Awesome, thanks mate for spreading the word & of course feel free to show your wheels on Driiive:Smile:

- - - -

Thanks for positive vibrations guys, it's so cool to hear that you like the site!

Quick announcement – after the weekend we're going to perform a litte update on Driiive, so bring it on guys - there's a big chance that your suggestions from the next (let's say) 48 hours, will be included in the upcoming update:Wink:

Have a great weekend,

David

10. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There is and quite established ones too... But I won't link in this thread.

The idea is quite similar to others on the web but you seem to be going for more of a "Bam this is my car" as opposed to the already existing quite structured looking sites. I like the idea of a business card type thing for forum linking !

Keep up the good work ! Will keep my eye on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 15th Jun, 2013
  11. ben bury Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@ daviid. Won't be doing my car atm. Fiat 500 FTW. But might attempt a bike one

12. ste91 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seems similar to THRLL which everyone was talking about when it first started but rarely hear of it now.

13. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh, i'm concerned that it's like THRLL but not THRLL... and i never got roundto signing up to THRLL... 

The business card thing is clever though, I  imagine it's similar to those who can display xbox gamercards in their sigs? 

14. daviiid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@ben bury

Give it a shot with a bike then:Wink:

@DafWales

@ste91

@1964

THRLL is a nice place, but we have got a different approach to the subject of showing your wheels:Smile:

Take a look at any default profile page on Driiive – you've got a big nice backgroud photo of a car, 2 titles (which you can fully customize) and that is it. Nothing distracts you, the navigation comes down to the minimum (basically search + shuffle, in some cases narrowed shuffle + users garage), and the most important thing – the car – is right in front of you.

We think that this combination (an awesome picture of your car + 2 titles) says everything, and that is why your own car profile page on Driiive is like business card of your car - you can use it 24/7 on every occasion, just need to remember you own short url (for example driiive.com/DafWales)

Of course behind it there's a room for everything else (basic info + spec, gallery, timeline to document tuning/restoration process + show pictures from new meetups etc), and with the custom made userbars it sooo easy to connect it to your forum profile.

But the core is the same for every single car profile on Driiive – the car is in the center. We've started from this idea and will stick with it no matter what.

So we are not like THRLL, not like Cardomain etc – we (are Spartaaaaaaa;-)) have our own proposition for all car crazy community:Smile:

Thanks for your feedback guys, really appreciate it, it's awesome to have a chance to talk to CL community about Driiive.

David

15. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice to have a decent response about it. I've had a little look and my thoughts about it and THRLL being similar have lessened somewhat and I actually am finding it a surprisingly well thought out site. I'll definitely start some stuff on there when I get time, post uni this year :Grin:  

16. daviiid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@1964 Good to hear that, hope you'll drop by sometime soon:Smile:

Cheers,

David

17. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just started mine, seems good

Ash

18. daviiid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@EGH_22 yours? -> driiive.com/Ash-Barton1

If yes give it some more love Ash:Wink:

Cheers,

David

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 17th Jun, 2013
  19. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

started mine too, question.... can we load up videos?

20. sennz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks good! Making a profile now.