General Drivers side coil spring

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2001-2008)' started by Mike c, Sunday 7th Jan, 2018.

?

Has anyone had two fitted recently and if so at what cost?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    The wife’s Jazz suddenly started displaying loud “twanging noises” when turning sharply.
    My first thought was coil spring breakage but a quick look with the wheels off didn’t make it obvious. Further checks couldn’t show up anything obvious and as a last resort I popped into Halfords, ( it was Sunday).
    The Fitter kindly popped the Jazz onto the lift and there it was, the drivers side coil spring was broken right at the top. Being Sunday no one could offer a repair so My first job in the morning is to phone around to get two springs fitted. The annoying thing is that my CR-V is being collected tomorrow to have a full service and MOT so both cars will be off the road. Hopefully both will be roadworthy within a couple of days.

2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    Hello mate have you tried these http://ac-carparts.co.uk/ for a price for your front springs on your Jazz mate..
    Thanks
    Andy

3. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks Andy
    After obtaining a quote of £135 per side from Quickfit I contacted my local MOT station who normally carries out my servicing and repairs and they fitted new coils for £80 per side. Thankfully this resolved the problem and the Jazz is now back on the road.
    They also gave my CR-V a full service and MOT’d the car which passed. Two happy Hondas and Drivers

andy83 likes this.
  4. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate nice to hear your Jazz and CR-V is sorted mate it would be nice to see them both in club garage...
    Thanks
    Andy

5. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The CR-V and the Jazz are already in the club garage along with a previously owned 2002 Accord.