General driveshaft needed asap

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by nitroace09, Wednesday 23rd May, 2018.

1. nitroace09 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

To who ever sees this share and please ask around. I am in desperate need in a O/S front drive shaft for my 2008 honda accord 2.4 i VTEC 6 speed manual the one i just bought is 2mm to small for my hub looking for advice or if someone on here has one i can have or buy i will travel where ever in the UK to come get it. As i co host honda karma stands with @K24 CL9 GUY at shows with my lower class cn1 project i wanna start to rep honda karma with my new supercharged cu2 but need honda karma members help if you can fantastic please PM me as a matter of urgency. We only have till 31st may 2018 for me to get this part ready for JDM combe on the 2nd june. Here is what i have at the moment but its the wrong part. 1467200_WP_20180521_15_22_31_Pro. PLEASE HELP. @members

2. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    I know it doesn't help you now (I've only just seen this thread) but have a look at https://jandrcvjoints.co.uk/
    They do one for your car, I used them myself for both my driveshafts for my Civic when I went from a D series to a B series. They came the next day and were packaged well with new nuts too. They also have a 2 year warranty.

I know it's too late for you but hopefully it helps someone else.

nitroace09 and jcalvarez like this.
  3. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    I got the dreaded 60mph vibration, so I may need new driveshafts as well. Are both driver and passenger side the same for a CL7?
    The shafts at jandrcvjoints look very cheap compared to everything else I have seen so far. Are they really good?

4. nitroace09 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks but all done and J&R supplied me wrong shaft and they don't accept returns which is poo.
    - - - Updated - - -
    try them think you will have better luck with https://jandrcvjoints.co.uk/ then i did

jcalvarez likes this.
  5. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Now that is a warning flag for me. Did you get the shafts from somewhere else?

nitroace09 likes this.
  6. nitroace09 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes had to go straight to honda dealer for a guaranteed fit

7. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    @K24 CL9 GUY can say some problems none genuine drive shafts will cause....

nitroace09 likes this.
  8. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    I bought mine through ebay which said they accept returns up to 30 days. I then checked their terms and conditions on their site which states:
    "REFUNDS POLICY
    68. When you return Goods to us:
    69. because you cancelled the Contract (22) (Consumer Rights), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible
    and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case we will refund the price
    of the Goods to be returned in full, excluding the cost of sending the Goods to you. However, postage costs are non
    refundable, so you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Goods to us;"

So I don't understand who has told you they don't accept returns. I wouldn't deal with a company who wouldn't accept returns.

They are cheap, but with a two year warranty it was either take a chance on some second hand OEM ones from ebay, get ripped off by a dealer, or give these a try with nothing to lose. I've done 3,000 miles with them since November, which is mainly stop start around the ring road, and I have no complaints. They may fall apart by 5,000 miles but we'll have to wait and see.

jcalvarez and nitroace09 like this.
  9. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry to keep bugging you, if I may ask, how much was it all together? I'm also not very keen on putting unknown quality stuff in my car. I do ~12K a year, and travel with my son to fencing tournaments, so my car needs to run like a Swiss clock, the way it has done so far.

10. nitroace09 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

they wouldn't accept the returns as i fitted to car then realised it didnt fit then they wouldn't take the return because it was then used.

Hondalad likes this.
  11. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    That's really arsey, thanks for the heads up. I will say their shafts are quality made but customer service is very important especially online.

jcalvarez and andy83 like this.
  12. nitroace09 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes it is the shaft itself was well made but not right one but after that service needs to be more professional