Ebay... Being conned..?

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Asher, Wednesday 12th Jun, 2013.

1. Asher Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

so I ordered a decat for my Civic on ebay... just a simple toyosports one. Now I ordered this on the 23rd of may.

Now the past few weeks I have tried getting through to them but they never answer the phone or reply to my emails. I have not received the product or anything.

After further look... I see some of the reviews from other customers on the ebay shop... saying that its a con and quite a lot of people have never received the product.

So what am I to do? they have taken the money but I have gotten nothing.

The Ebay store is called '1stCarParts'

2. Chunkster Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

if u payed with pay-pal.open dispute, u will have ur money back in a week

3. Asher Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

how do I do this?

4. mo-jordan Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Well if you paid through paypal via ebay, firstly go to your bought list and find the item open it up and look for something saying resolve a problem, click that then choose the option which suits you best, which would be i paid for the item but have not received it this will open a case against the seller and if they do not respond to you within seven days, you can escalate the case leading to receiving a full refund. But if they do respond they may offer you a refund or say to you we have dispatched the item out again but make sure you do not close the case if you agree to wait for the item to arrive or receive a refund, until you get the item or a refund then close the case as you can't open a case again!

Hope it helps 

p.s that was from the top of my head lol

5. Asher Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeh that was a big help... I found the whole dispute bit now... cheers pal!

6. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh open a dispute and escalate it to a claim, similar thing happened to me recently. The seller hasn't refunded the money nor got in touch with paypal so the time limit in which the seller has to reply is up tomorrow. 

Essentially you will get your money back if there is no response from the seller within 10 days. 

7. Shuthan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

After hopefully getting your money back, contact ebay to get rid of that trader.

8. Aza Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

This, protects the legitimate buyers and sellers and from anyone else making the same (albeit innocent) mistake. Hopefully you will get a full refund pal :thumbs:

Regards aza

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 13th Jun, 2013
  9. r3dd3v1l Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Always read the feedback of sellers prior to buying goods!!!

10. Shuthan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This, its what I always do, anything below 98% sort of worries me, below 95% is a no no.

11. HiZZi_VTEC Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I agree, it makes a difference even if the other person with 100% feedback is selling an item for a higher price then someone with lower feedback. best to be safe!

12. harVTEC Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To be fair eBay feedback means :tut: all nowadays, ever since they've made it so a seller can only leave positive feedback to their buyers.

Before a buyer could leave negative feedback and the seller could also (providing it's true) turn around and give them negative feedback in return.

For example,

Buyer: 'Not happy, part took 2 weeks to arrive blah blah blah'

Seller: 'Buyer took 10 days to pay, expected it to arrive day after auction ending, despite having not yet paid'

Now I could buy something, be happy as Larry but leave negative feedback for the hell of it, the seller can't turn around and do the same to me as eBay no longer allow sellers that privilege! Therefore I have nothing to lose. There's a lot of negative feedback on eBay that is not true and has been left purely for the sake of it.

'Tis :thumbdown:.

Obviously, don't be a spastic and buy something from someone with only 10% positive feedback or something, then come on here and start a steam room thread about it, that's just stupid.

13. Jamin Berry Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

14. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As harvtec said - I've been royally :tut: over as a seller on a few transactions recently and left with negative feedback now

15. wbaxter90 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Toyosports sell under a few different names, i have used that 1stcarparts seller numerous times with no problems. But you never really no whats going on behind closed doors i guess.