Tools Ebay bluetooth OBD scanners any good?

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by Nazib95, Sunday 21st May, 2017.

1. Nazib95 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone,

Thinking of buying a cheap bluetooth scanner off ebay, there's some up there for less then £10. However I don't want to waste my money if it's gonna be useless.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Do they do everything you need them to?
    Do they reset SRS light? Or would that depend on the app you use to control it? - do they work with only one app? Or can you use different ones?

Any help would be appreciated - Save me some £££

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mugen_fd2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

London
    I have Launch easydiag 2.0 plus and recommend it. Works through the app called easydiag. Bought it on AliExpress for £48 and I think its better option than £10 scanner.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Nels likes this.
  4. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I bought a plug in one for £26, was unsure on the reliability & accuracy of the BT ones as there are so many different apps that cost a silly amount of money... and combined cost far more than the little plug in one.

Mine sits in the drivers door pocket, and can be plugged in and codes checked inside 30-60 seconds... The reason for mine is that every few months I get a code to do with the inlet runner valve stuck open... but the error is gone as soon as it happens and I'm convinced it's nothing more than a momentary sticking of the valve that triggers the error code but doesn't actually affect anything. I can clear the code immediately after it occurs and it doesn't come back for another few months.

You usually get what you pay for... buy cheap, get cheap... there were cheaper plugins than I bought... so I went for a mid range one.

Ichiban likes this.