Bulletins & Advisories EGR Pipe Crack. Accord i-DTEC 8th Generation Accord Warranty Extension

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 2nd Nov, 2011.

1. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's a great result!

@davidjcook it is customary for new members to Introduce Yourself, so please do.

I look forward to reading more about you and your Accord. :Hey:

2. recyclebin New Member Getting Started

Ireland Mark Ballinrobe
    Rang my local Honda Dealer in Ireland about exhaust fumes coming into cabin and asked about EGR pipe and told him it was a safety issue. They said as my car has 220000km on clock and was registered in August 2009 it as not going to be covered by extended warranty and would cost 400 euro (180 for parts and 220 for labour). They said they would put in request to Honda Ireland to see if they would pay for it as goodwill gesture. They also told me to email Honda Ireland too. I did this.

Got a call back from Honda Ireland saying they could not cover it either but would give discount on parts. So my local dealer rang me back today and said they would fix it for 320 euro. I dropped car into dealer this evening to do the job.

I'm not convinced its a cracked EGR pipe though as fumes seem to be coming from right hand side of engine but I can't figure out where. I was underneath car and also had inspection mirror looking around EGR pipe and all looked okay. I guess I'll know more when the dealer looks at it.

barbarag likes this.
  3. davekilo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Derby
    Hi guys

I have same issue, EGR pipe crank. Honda said it isn't on warranty and they will not replace this. How to push them to do it?
    Thanks

4. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@davekilo
    You've probably already had this from a moderator but it is customary for new members to introduce themselves in the introductions section before asking for help etc.

Nels, andy83 and honda_saj like this.
  5. davidjcook Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cookie Garforth
    Extended warranty is only for 7 years or 125,000 miles, so depends how old it is. I was lucky I still had 6 months left of the warranty and was under the mileage limit.
    Doesn't smell anymore though since it's been fixed.

MickyB and honda_saj like this.
  6. davekilo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Derby
    I sorry guys for no introducing myself, I all ready post this in correct section.

Hi everyone.

I am Dawid. It looks this forum is very helpfull so I decided to join. Maybe I can help somebody else to.

I have Honda Accord tourer 2.2 I-DTEC 2011
    100 k miles.

Thanks

Like I said they said it isn't on warranty. Just manifold is. So I don't know what to do. Lots of you guys have do it for free so I thought my souls be to.
    Is 6 years old and have 100k miles

MickyB likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Have a look at the first post on this thread.
    There you will find details of the TSB that you should quote to your Honda Dealer to have this done under warranty.

Let us know how you get on.

andy83 likes this.
  8. davekilo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Derby
    EGR PIPE CRACK!
    Hi guys I just update my situation, may help another one.

Car Honda Accord Tourer 2011 2.2 I-DTEC 100k miles.

I have often issue. EGR pipe crack. Fumes smells inside the car and from engine bay+ leaks air noise.
    After read this forum I goes to the Honda service. I said to them that I know it should be made under extend warranty.
    Next day I bring a car for check the issue. Gay from service said that pipe is crank and it isn't on warranty just manifold is.
    I was confused because lots of you guys have done it for free. I said that I read some forum and lots people's had same issue and Honda fixed free of charge. They said that they need to call head office and will let me know in few days.
    I had a call from them and they will fix it for free on Monday. They said it isn't on warranty. It is a common issue so it's just good will from them to do it.

So if you have the same issue and car is no older that 7 years and no more than 120K miles you can go to Honda.
    Don't give up because you can safe lots of money and have yours Hanna health again

davidjcook and MickyB like this.
  9. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good result for you and a big thank you for letting everyone know. Hopefully your information will help others.

10. barbarag Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Babs Wicklow

Hi I am in Ireland too, was quoted 600eur to fix the EGR, like you contacted Honda Ireland (Browns Barn) and was offered 20% off price of part... I was not happy with this and contacted Honda UK (Car is out of warrenty although its an 09 the milage is under 125k) Anyway long story short Honda UK finally agreed to cover full price of part and I only pay Labour €306.. Still v expensive but better than the initial 30eur I was offered.
    - - - Updated - - -

Where is your dealer? Feel like I am being done now as Honda Kildare are charging me 306 for just the labour

11. lroillet New Member Getting Started

France lucas mulhouse
    Thanks a lot Ichiban for this precious post !! :Niceone:
    Unfortunately the pictures cannot load anymore, would it be possible to re-upload them ? I would like to do the job on my 2010 CR-V
    I-DTEC that has the exact same issue.
    I searched everywhere else on the internet and it looks like you are the only one that have these images...
    Cheers
    Lucas

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Lucas they are in the process of getting restored, it will be some time before this happens.

13. RAF-MK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom RAF-MK Milton Keynes
    Hi all, I need some help, please, as you know you need to drain coolant before EGR pipe replacing and remove some rubber pipes now I can't bleed the system, air is stuck somewhere in the engine glow plugs stay longer then usual( that's mean there is not enough coolant) how can I fix it?

davidjcook likes this.
  14. Smokingman Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    Here is the pic for the coolant bleed screw! its by the cylinder head somewhere!
    Bleed screw.

Hope it helps.

John

RAF-MK, Nels and andy83 like this.
  15. Mick1977 New Member Getting Started

Hi everybody,
    I have same problem wih my 11 CR-V.
    I'm searching for the honda repair procedure with the images, does anyone have it?

16. dovydas112 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dovydas GRAYS
    anyone can give a advice regarding what to say in a email for honda for this issue? my car is 2009 plate but just done 80k miles and was diagnosed with split EGR. Is with full honda history, So trying to make up an email for honda uk to get at least some king of good will gesture from them. any advice what to write to them?

17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:mail:

andy83 likes this.
  18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Apologies, but there is an ongoing problem with the images.

19. Svareliukas New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Rytis London
    Hello everyone, I have same problem cracked erg pipe, I got 2009 accord, I got all the documents when services were done etc, but I'm not the 1st owner, car has done 115000miles would honda cover this for me under the extensive warranty, thanks.

20. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello @Svareliukas it is customary for new members to Introduce Yourself before posting questions or starting new threads

You've gone past the deadline of 7 years for this warranty extension..
    If you have a full service history, they may contribute to the cost.
    All you can do is ask.