ICE & HFT Elysion entertainment system

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by tino, Friday 23rd Dec, 2016.

1. tino Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Martin Aberdeen
    Have any of the Elysion owners ever used the Video Aux input that's in the centre console, facing the first row of passenger seats?

I tried to plug into it last night but I couldn't work out how to get it to come through the main stereo as there doesn't seem to be an Aux mode

2. DrSam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    I don't know much about the Elysion, but the Aux your talking about. Do you know if it's an input or an output port ?
    Have you got a picture to make it easier for us to understand what you mean?

3. tino Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It's definitely an input, and it's factory fitted, which is why I'm confused that I can't get it to appear on the standard stereo. I'll get a photo of what it looks like, it's a 3 cable RCA (red, white and yellow) connector.

4. Dmac New Member Getting Started

Scotland Dmac Glasgow
    I have the same car, and I plug my phone into the Aux and the sound comes through when you select vtr I think. It's one of the buttons next to TV. Sorry my car is at the garage today. I'll have a proper look when I get it back.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. tino Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi @Dmac - did you get a chance to look at this? Can you put up a photo of where you're plugging in and what option you choose please?

6. Davep4755 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom DaveyP Whitchurch
    You'll need a convertor that outputs NTSC if you want pictures, and put the dash / console into 'VTR' mode.
    I bought a small video convertor from Amazon for a few quid so I could connect my iPhone to listen to music, etc.
    However, the cable I used wasn't a genuine Apple item, so the phone quickly 'learned' to reject it!