ICE & HFT Elysion

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by Tomo1340, Friday 20th Oct, 2017.

1. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Craig Barnsley
    Hello All,

I’ve finally picked the Elysion up. :mosh:

Has anyone managed to set the clock in the Elysion, or found out how to load CD’s onto the hard drive?

There appears to be a ‘PC’ card slot, I suspect that’s a compact flash?

I also have a AV lead plugged into the AV port but the cable disappears under the carpet and I haven’t located it yet?

Cheers.

Bones126 and andy83 like this.
  2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    Hello mate I will see what I can find out on this, also @Treehugger and @Trickytree might have an idea as they both Elysion's..
    Thanks
    Andy

Tomo1340 likes this.
  3. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy Nottingham
    hi

Congratulations on your purchase, they are great cars

as for the clock mine is still in jap time, there is a video which ill find showing you how to change it but it does mean ripping off the bottom panel and removing the unit which is longer than you think.

As for cds I just put a cd in and it automatically starts recording to the hard drive, you will see red R next to each song when you put it in, takes a while

As for the pci card I've not really used, theres a post somewhere stating you can add mp3s on a memory card through it buts its limited to 99 tracks if I remember right.

my leads for av are separate so not connected so unsure where yours may go unless they had a multi media player installed somewhere?

andy83 likes this.
  4. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve had a bit of a play around today, I’ve managed to delete all the existing CD’s on the HDD, but as I no longer own any CD’s it appears the wife now has her Take That collection. :Sobbing:

There is a car audio place nearby who say they have managed to successful make additions to the ICE in the past. They say that replacing the head unit is possible but looks clunky and may remove the reversing camera function. They recommend a DAB unit that either connects into the aux or using FM transmitting capability. So I think this is the road I’ll go down. It provides Bluetooth capability too.

I’ve found where the cable runs to, there is some sort of video box under the drivers chair but I can work out exactly what it does. There doesn’t seem to be anyway to put an input into it, unplugging it removes no functionality that I’m aware of.

Tomorrow I will look at getting some AV Into the front and back inputs if I get time. Although I wonder if just buying some NTSC DVD’s would be easier.

5. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate this might help on clock,

Thanks
    Andy

6. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

need to delete a lot of jap music from my HDD, whats the method for deleting?

7. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

From memory:

Find the music by pressing the cd button until it comes up.

Then press the joystick down to bring the alt menu up. Several options will come up in English, scan, random etc. There is a bottom right option in Japanese for delete. Once you have selected this you need to use the joystick to go left into cd mode, (I made the mistake of deleting track by track, not the entire CD) select into it then traverse right with the joystick to delete. It’s time consuming for each album. On mine the albums are named with the date they were installed, year first. So I was able to save the Wife’s Take That collection, sadly.

Trickytree and andy83 like this.
  8. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    With the menus get the google translate app on a smart phone or tablet and hover over/photo it and then it will translate to English (kind of). The time is set by GPS so the above video should work. The pc slot will play wma/mp3 files you need a pcmcia to CF adapter and a cf card. In my case it won't recognize a menu tree and will only recognize 100 files. If you are using the AUX inputs for video you will need a device that can output in NTSC format or get a PAL to NTSC converter (small money on ebay). The cd's should self record and if the song information is missing you can change it (again translate program helps greatly) if I remember there is a bulk delete option but finding it in all the sub menus is a chore. I added a dvb-t tuner to pull in TV and put it through the aux inp also attached a HDD to it to play all the kids movies. DVD's are a bit hit and miss due to format and regions as well.

Overall its a good system and quite capable but very hard to remove and replace its very integrated into the car, unfortunately many of the cool bits like voice control of phone and climate control only work with Japanese, and of course the maps and language on the screen. I don't have loads of details on the unit but the importer I bought several of my cars from has worked with a supplier to make a new head unit that uses the stock connectors, stock cameras and so on and has most, if not all the toys with European maps, etc. If you want his contact details to see if it might be an option pm me.

9. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for that.

I’m not fussed about the mapping. I have GPS on my phone and my ‘work’ car doesn’t have GPS so it’s no great problem.
    My Alphard had a head unit with GPS on I fitted myself, but the program was useless calculating accurate ETA’s in the UK. It was spot on in Europe but terrible here. Anyway, after a while the screen developed a flicker when the satnav was in use, so we stopped using it.
    I could do with a pal to ntsc converter, but all the ones I can see seem to have an HDMI output or input and the 3rca on the other side. I need 3rca in and out. So any links you have would be great.

I’m going to get a local ICE expert to fit a DAB system for me, so I will get him to remove the GPS lead when he does so I can set the time.

10. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

11. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

12. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it looks like its switchable from reading and seeing the pics, what is it your connecting?

13. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A DVD player that has usb and SD card input too. Actually the DVD player will play both NTSC and PAL format, but I presume it outputs PAL only. I’ll try it later when Amazon have been and order one later if needs be. We only need working for the end of the month really.

14. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok just a warning I believe that it will only display on screen when handbrake is on, I think @jd1959 has made a change or knows of how to play on screen with handbrake off?

would love personally to display phone screen so I can use sat nav etc

15. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It’s for the rear screen.

16. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

oh right did you fit that yourself? if so where does that go into? thanks

17. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Came factory fitted. I have a separate DVD player built into the dash unit too. I assume the av inputs by the back row of seats feed it.

18. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Cut the orange line and tap the solid brown then connect together, it bypasses the parking brake safety DSCF1474. DSCF2296.

19. Tomo1340 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Turns out we don’t need an NTSC converter as it plays AV from the DVD player no problem.

Thanks for the info, on getting the screen to work with the parking brake off. I probably won’t use it but it’s handy to know just in case.

20. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate that sounds good hope to soon see your Elyison in club garage...

Tomo1340 likes this.