Engine & Gearbox Engine rattle?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Poorly_Guy, Sunday 9th Sep, 2018.

1. Poorly_Guy New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom David Durham

Hi all,
    I really hope someone can help. I am aware this should be checked with a professional but due to my lack of knowledge Im unsure if its safe to even drive to a garage.

2004 2.2 cdti accord sport 165k owned for 3 months with some history.

A few weeks ago I noticed a small vibration while accelerating and believed this was the engine mounts due to the age, I had planned to get this looked at in a few weeks.

On Friday it was driven the usual 30ml round trip school run without a problem, parked for an hour and apon restarting the whole car juddered and started but with a loud metal on metal tapping and a lot of vibration. The noise does not seem to change when the clutch is pressed and it struggles to pull away with low revs, on tick over the engine movement is so server that the exhaust swings.

Here is where I'm stuck, to me it doesn't sound like DMF as it is nothing like my awful mondeo experience, I've read a lot about timing chain issues with this year's model but have no experience with this part failing.

I would love to keep the car but unfortunately any repairs in the hundreds (DMF/timing) aren't possible at this time due to expecting a baby in a few weeks.

I'm just not sure if it's worth repairing or cutting my losses and selling for spare or repair.