General Everytime I think I've found a replacement....

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Heckler, Thursday 30th Aug, 2018.

1. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Every time i think I've found a replacement for mine.. I find something that puts me right off.saw this 08 plate Tourer EX in dark grey.. and looks tidy from the pics... allegedly has full service history and the MOT history looks good at a first glance... Until you look at the advisories and notice that there's an engine oil leak listed for years.

So it's obviously 'NOT' been well looked after because any sensible person would sort that out pretty quickly, not leave it for 4yrs

The hunt continues.

Mugen_fd2 and andy83 like this.
  2. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Finding older cars in good condition and well maintained is becoming very difficult. People are not looking after their cars once they get a certain age.

Heckler likes this.
  3. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    So true, most people don't really care about their cars as long as the car starts and runs.
    Its like magic, put fuel in, turn key and drive, they barely look under the bonnet and even if they did they wouldn't know what they are looking at!
    Modern reliability is to blame as well as peoples general disinterest in things other then themselves.

AccordMavman, Heckler and Sandy52 like this.
  4. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Found a black 08 plate EX saloon in Wednesbury, Birmngham that's within budget and EX spec. 102k on the clock... MOT history seems decent with only minor things for advisories (CV gaitors, droplinks and so forth). 9 stamps in the SH according to seller. But it's a 150m round trip to see it.

Also found a CR-V wthin budget that's close by... 58 plate EX spec and 138k on the clock... but only 20 miles away. But it's at the top end of my budget and means I'd HAVE to get a min of 1k trade in for mine, and wouldn't have much left over for minor repairs/maintenance.

5. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am passing through Birmingham on Tuesday.

andy83 likes this.
  6. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Harvey and andy83 like this.
  7. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am sure I could

FirstHonda and andy83 like this.
  8. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Having slight issues as I cannot see the car in question, all I get is viglink, and I tried copying the url and it won't take me direct to it.

9. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate what you viewing it though..

10. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    I had a problem with viglink on my laptop input viglink.com directly into Adblock plus on chrome and all been good since

11. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On my Samsung phone

12. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate try internet explore if u can..

Harvey likes this.
  13. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No idea why that is, it's a standard hyperlink that works in a browser... I'm guessing it's something to do with the way your phone processes hyperlinks... and because it's a Samsung... I'm not surprised. Just open it in a normal browser.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Viglink is some kind of redirection service used by the forum owners... Because I just googled it and it's some kind of monetisation service based in the US that does something with outbound traffic.

Disabling it as I have could cause issues... But then I use firefox with a number of privacy protections and anti tracking plugins to stop as much snooping as I can.

Harvey and andy83 like this.
  14. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    My issue was the same, redirects to viglink which is very annoying, I can't say I had the same problem on my Iphone the links loaded fine, but on my laptop running Chrome it was terrible.

15. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No idea if chrome has the noscript plugin for it, but firefox does and it stops so much of the crap like that... I just block the script entirely.

BTW... viglink is considered by some groups to be just a snippit away from being malware.

16. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    I'm running adblock plus as an extension and it works very well for me.

17. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I run uBlock origin, Noscript, privacy badger, ghostery and Disconnect.. and that's what I consider the minimum to stop the tracking.

uBock for annoying ads and asswipe sites that use overlays and autoplaying video/audio
    Noscript to stop off site javascript from being run, this blocks cross site attempts to hijack and redirect you as well as 3rd party attempts to track you cough/facebook/cough
    privacy badger allows you to block any/all cookies at your discretion
    ghostery is for stoping trackers
    disconnect stops anything from those trackers that google/facebook and others use to create shadow profiles...

It does mean that those little share buttons you see on sites are removed/disabled... but that's a good thing. It's time people started taking their privacy serious and stopped allowing these corporations to steal your private and personal information to profit from.

andy83, Harvey and Bounder like this.
  18. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looking at the MOT history itself seems to suggest that the car is in good health and has been well looked after. I know I am off on Tuesday, though I am picking my father up from East Midlands Airport, but that's not until 1:05am, I am sure I could do a detour and have a look at this car though. The key thing with the 2.2 diesel is the servicing, as long as it as been done regularly, then I am confident that this car will be fine.

Heckler likes this.
  19. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would really appreciate it, not expecting you to go over everything.. but a quick 10min going over and a cursory glance at any paperwork, it's hard to tell from the pics if the bodywork is as good as it looks... black can mask a lot of things. The only thing I would ask you to check thoroughly (aside from service history) is the nav unit works along with the cd player/changer, that the heated seats work properly on both seat and lumbar and that the BT module hasn't been disconnected.

If I get the thumbs up from you, I'll arrange to take a trip up to see it.

Harvey likes this.
  20. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

right oh mate, do you have any idea how the Bluetooth in these actually works? as I have no idea at all.

Heckler likes this.