F**CK YOU TEAM HEKO !!!

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by EKjoe, Friday 23rd Oct, 2015.

1. EKjoe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Why can't team heko design a wind defector that fits properly  :no:  

whilst traveling home from work in the EK I went for and overtake with a little tec, my passenger side wind deflector then decided that after two years of being on my car it had had enough...

it flew off at speed and I just caught a glimpse off it being flattened by a HGV in the left hand lane.

when I stopped at the shell garage I learnt that I have not only lost a wind deflector but the :tut: thing has  scraped all the way down the passenger side of my car. Most of the marks have t-cut out luckily. 

Rant over....

This is the second set of team hekos to do this to me, although the other time it didn't scratch my car. anybody had experience of climair wind deflectors as I've read they fit more securely ? Or any body got some OEM EK9 ones they wish to part with ?

2. rossco_155 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My misses did this on her daily ep2 so i just bonded them on  :Grin:  problem solved 

3. EKjoe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

What did you bond it on with mate ?

I think I'll just try to get some OEM items next as I've now bought two sets of heko's with the same result, although this set were on for two years before one thought it could fly....

4. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Because they're cheap ebay shite

5. Hamza Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Did you bother using those metal clamps that are provided with them?

6. EKjoe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yeah i had used them hamza but they still come off, don't think I'll buy any more of them but I've been looking at the climair ones they seem to have some good reviews.  

7. MugenRich Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I dabbed some superglue on mine when I had my EG6. It's not like you're gonna sell them on again.

8. Vishal Rhodes Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Vishal London
    My drivers one never sits properly and always pops out when window goes up. Going for OEM ones next

9. Nitin_s1 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I had them on my Saloon, they always came out when the window was opened.. Now I just took them off. 

10. Dan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    I had them on my Jazz for 4+ years and never had a single issue with them, other than the mirrors touched them slightly when folded in. I thought they were great for the money.

11. civtegra Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had them on my first couple of Civics and never had an issue. But after that got OEM one's and never looked back, muuuuch better!

12. EKjoe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Lol I will not be purchasing again currently rolling with no deflectors, will be purchasing some OEM items as an when I see some decent ones.

Has nobody on here had climair ones ? Fitment is supposed to be way better apparently ? More $$$ though.,,

13. BennyEgg Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Climair are THE best wind deflectors you can buy. They are about 50 quid and take literally 10 seconds to fit as they just slide up in the window recess.

Bought a few pairs and I'd buy them every single time I need a set.

Go direct to the website and you can get the cheapest price, even cheaper than eBay.

20130904_135802_zps2f80bf0d.

20130904_135812_zps4e97425c.

IMG_6208-2_zpsc276382b.

14. EG-nath Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

they kinda look like team hekos lol

never had an issue of mine flying out on Civic but happened on my 106 though, however for what they cost and how much i can't live without them.....

15. Jez105 New Member Getting Started

Every car I get I buy Heko's but run a thin line of the gel superglue all along the length and they have stayed on without them silly pieces of bent metal that they are supplied with. The gel superglue does not run so you don't get it all over. Well worth a quid for piece of mind... :Smile: