Electrical & Lights Fans not working

Discussion in '1st Generation (1995-2001)' started by Tom M, Monday 11th Jun, 2018.

1. Tom M Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tom Dudley
    Replaced radiator on my manual ‘99 CR-V and also noticed that A/C & cooling fan weren’t working. Had a delve online and used the technique of shorting out the fan sensor switch with a paper clip. When A/C switched on this turned on both fans, so I think that fans work and have power, wiring okay, and relays work. Therefore I assumed that it was a faulty fan switch.

Just fitted new switch and still the same problem! Have not let the car run enough to properly heat up, but fans still not coming on, even with A/C on, which (by my understanding they should?). Could it be a dodgy switch? I guess I could stick some hot water on it and see if that heats it ip and does anything, but other than that am out of ideas!

2. Tom M Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tom Dudley
    Well, have probed a bit more, and even more baffled...

Took out the new switch I put in, stuck it in some water, and it comes on at about 95 degrees C, so it works okay.

With switch bridged with wire, fans will come on with A/C on and engine off, and with no A/C, but engine on. Why when I plug it in is it not :tut: working?!

Could it be a relay issue? Wire has to be bent a bit more to plug in into the installed switch, so maybe a loose connection somewhere? Had a waggle when it’s all installed though and no signs of that though.

Anyone got any thoughts please?