General Farewell to the CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by FirstHonda, Monday 11th Sep, 2017.

1. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    As some of the members here know, recently I've been tempted - by Honda ironically - to think about changing my CR-V as the PCP comes to an end.

After reviewing a few options, including another CR-V, it is with a heavy heart that I've decided to order a new Lexus NX300h Sport. Now that I've signed all the forms and paid the deposit, all I have to do is wait for 10-14 days for delivery as the car is in stock with Lexus UK.

Why the Lexus? It's beautifully made, with a particularly stunning interior and it is nice to drive with the general sense of quiet and calm being impressive. Add to that a very sharp deal (aided by CarWow) and the hybrid tech and it was an easy - ish - decision. It's a lovely looking thing too, and it just made the current CR-V seem a little bit old tbh.

Somebody in the Swindon area will get a very nice white CR-V with low miles.

It is a sad day, but hopefully one day Honda will give me a good enough reason to return to the brand. I'll post some pictures of my new car when I get it.

PanayiotisPal and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Sorry to see you go Ed but fully understand the reasoning. A good choice and good luck with it. Is it a hybrid?

Keith

PanayiotisPal and FirstHonda like this.
  3. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

Yes, a 2.5 litre petrol with the Lexus (Toyota) hybrid system. Can run only on electric up to 30mph. Spooky...

Economy is far better in town/local trips than on the motorway, as on the motorway you are essentially just driving a 2.5 litre petrol with a load of heavy batteries in the boot! I only do 15 miles each way to work though, and none of it on the motorway...

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  4. AccordCU2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Brum
    Congrats Ed on new car.

Lexus really is a nice car.Enjoy!

If you have any bits left from CR-V for sale I would be interested.
    I would had your CR-V in a heartbeat if you changed before I bought mine.

5. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

Sorry Zoran, the Winter wheels and tyres are already spoken for and everything else is included in the part-ex I got for the car.

I'm genuinely sorry to see it go, but the deal on the new Lexus was SO good - as there is a facelift coming up - that I just couldn't turn it down. I had to be flexible on colour (metallic grey) and spec (Sport rather than my preferred Luxury) but even so it is a lovely car. Hopefully it will be as reliable as my Honda...

AccordCU2 likes this.
  6. AccordCU2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Brum
    I am sure it will be as good as Honda.
    Post a pic when you get it and enjoy driving it.

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    Is it a CVT? :Smile: Congrats.

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Lovely car the NX300. Sure you will have many happy miles driving it.
    We looked at one before getting the CR-V but low nose weight for towing put us off.
    Hope you'll still be around on the forum.

FirstHonda likes this.
  9. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Doing a ' lexit ' ? LOL :Smile:
    Be good to hear your comments over the coming months on the NX.
    It looks sharp both inside and out but not driven one myself .
    Enjoy :zen::zen::zen: :Wink:

FirstHonda likes this.
  10. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Reading
    @FirstHonda good luck with the new car.

Sorry to say, the CR-V was my first and will be my last Honda.

Great to be back in the top 4 again! Come on you horns!

FirstHonda and PanayiotisPal like this.
  11. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    I have also added one picture of Q5 to my garage I hope you guys don't mind.

12. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nobody wants to see a smelly Skoda here thank you.

13. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    who has a skoda? At least you are being fair with your emotions (smelly skoda) :Smile:

don't worry when I feel like that I usually don't respond. You got lucky.

14. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

I've just cleared all the personal data from the navigation system - home address, previous addresses, the HDD drive etc. Very simple, just press the info button, then settings, then clear personal data. Job done. I've also set it back to factory default.

Silly question. I can't delete the mobile phone book. Does that just disappear when my phone isn't paired or is there a way to delete it? The manual doesn't mention it at all as far as I can see...

15. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    The phone book should go when phone not paired. Remember to delete any phone voice tags. You can check all gone by pairing phone and in settings bit remove the import phone book option. No phone book should show now.

Peter

FirstHonda and andy83 like this.
  16. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    If it helps I (annoyingly) have to download the phone book every time the phone connects. Until it is downloaded, it isn't on the car system, so I would think you actually have nothing to delete. Another example of the stone age Honda IT systems methinks.

Keith

Hatter likes this.