Accord/8th Gen Features not in the handbook

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by dennismate, Wednesday 19th Dec, 2012.

1. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Found a feature of the stereo today that's not listed in the handbook.

If you turn the stereo button on and in the 2 seconds before you hear the radio/CD player you turn the volume :tut: anticlockwise one click it turns the volume down to a mute setting (how shallow is my life??) if you don't turn the :tut: the volume will return to the setting it was at before you turned the stereo off.

I'm wondering if this is a design feature, or just a bug that Honda missed. I can't think of why you would want to turn the radio on then mute it immediately.

Anyone found any other little quirks??

Ichiban likes this.
  2. bobbybliss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Rob Heerhugowaard
    Good thread! Things you don't notice, until you drive another car, are what makes a great car to me.

Yes, I know it works like this. Never knew it wasn't documented. Basicly the volume kicks in slowly, just as it fades out slowly when you get an incoming phone call. If I recall correctly, if you touch the :tut: during the fade, it won't acutally mute, but the volume will stay where it is, You might endup with volume 4 or 5, in stead of mute.

I can't come up with a specific feature now, but I like the fact that the passenger seatbelt, when unused, is positioned in such a way that it is impossible for it to rattle against the B-pillar.