Had the new car for nearly a month and today is the first day I've had chance to do something about the paint. Time was really limited and the weather looks awful for the rest of the weekend so I couldn't do as much as I'd like and pictures are few and far between and taken with my phone. The paint was flat, proper flat. I'd have thought the dealer would've made more of an effort to put some sparkle back in the paint. The paint itself was okay, nothing serious needing correcting but it was full of light swirls and the clear coat was dirty. After the initial wash I had a good look, plenty of tar to tackle (more than I've seen on any car I've had). Two patches of dull clear coat that would need more correction. Despite the swirls etc I still would expect more life in the paint yet nothing was obvious. One thing I hated about my 2003 Accord was the paint; it was shocking to work with and I'd just about done all I could to get it correct but it was so soft and sticky it was an uphill struggle. This put me off another but the price agreed on this car meant I couldn't turn it down. I needn't worry, the quality of the paint is so much better. Following the wash I tackled the tar with Autofinesse ObliTARate (see what they've done there!). Another wipe down and time to use Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel on the paint. Yes Auto-Wheel, Peter Hamber himself told me it's an excellent fallout remover on the paint. It doesn't run in the same way a product like IronX does but it really works. I really can't stress just how important this stage is. This is supposedly clean paint: As you can see, it's bloomin covered in 'fallout'. I let it settle for a few minutes and rinsed, the results were remarkable, for the first time the paint looked metallic! Pic below after rinsing off the fallout remover: Car was washed again,dried and clayed. Took a good couple of hours to get a finish I was happy with using the clay. Another wash down and dry then I wiped every panel down with an IPA mix. Time was getting tight and I have no time to do a compound then refine down so it was a cut and polish in one. I was recommended Koch Chemie Micro cut & finish 2.02. This is has a light cut and gloss so I thought I'd give it a try. Starting with a black pad I did a panel, it wasn't really doing much so I dropped down to an orange pad which will give more cut. This was much better. The 2.02 was easy to work with but was dusty. After a few passes I was left with this: I'd probably removed about 80% of the defects, I wouldn't get any more with the 2.02. You have to really look to see any imperfections. After doing all the panels I did a final wipe down with a slightly damp cloth. To finish off I applied a coat of Harley's wax which was left to cure. Whilst that was going off I did all the glass and treated all rubbers with this: Final buff off with a damp microfibre cloth was about the most I could do. Finish: Next is the engine bay, would've usually done that first but wanted to get the body done. Wheels need to come off and be properly cleaned. There's some shallow dents I'll probably get removed.