Aftermarket Kit Fitted DRL to my CR-V

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Wizard, Thursday 7th Apr, 2016.

1. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    Fitted some DRL's to my 2009 CR-V today.

Took the plastic cover off to gain access to back of the grill and make running cable easier.

Pretty easy to fit. I cut a small bit of the plastic grill out behind the lights so they would sit better.

I then used some black automotive double sided tape to stick the bottom of the DRL to the grill. I cleaned all the plastic and heated both DRL & grill before sticking the DRL in place and they seem nice and secure.

I then ran the wires following existing wiring to the supplied water proof control unit. I ran my wires in conduit that looks very much like the original Honda wiring.

Wiring was simple, above the near side head light I opened up the plastic conduit above the main beam bulb. In here I found the earth (black) ignition (yellow) & side light (red). I soldered my wires from DRL unit to these. I then stuck the control unit to the body behind the battery. (These wire colours were correct for my car, but please check with a multimeter before you connect yours!).

The DRL's come on with ignition and turn off with side lights so are legal.

The kit I used, not the cheapest, but good quality and waterproof.
    image. image. image.

legend-ary and FirstHonda like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    They look like they belong there, good job !

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Very neat indeed. :Niceone:

4. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Agree with the comments above, they look really good.

:likeit:

5. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Another pic closer up.

I would have liked it to be more flush, but gap in the grill isn't wide enough.

I'm very pleased with the result and totally reversible if removal required as I don't think anyone would ever notice the missing bit of inner grill.

image.

FirstHonda likes this.
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    That looks fantastic. Great job

7. wbarrw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BW Chelmsford
    Wizard, I want to fit DRLs as professionaly as poss. I have the Ring brand which have proved best in the past Having read your thread I''m interested in your install...your pics ain't working, anychance you could forward again?

Thanks,
    BW

8. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here you go.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I bought them from Road Radio.

Road Radio

Quality item and worth the money.

Attached Files:

9. wbarrw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy, Very nice work, looks like OEM, just the way I like it.......
    I was haing probs finding a plat surfuce to mount the DRLs ( mine are Ring, not too diferent from yours) although I have Neg/Pos and side light break into)
    Now swapped all my internal bulbs to LEDs apart from the glove box which I'll get round to, even awapped that :tut: awful side light bulbs from the warm white!

Thanks aginm, great job,

B

10. wbarrw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy,

Just realised, the CR-V 2010 facelift has a slightly different grill, so will have to site in an other place...such is life!

B