Engine & Gearbox Fluttering from engine

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by StuFrv06, Saturday 9th Jun, 2018.

1. StuFrv06 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Stu Bristol
    Hi there,

First post so I apologise for doing anything I shouldn’t.... the reason I’m here is I’m looking for advice, I started hearing a fluttering a noise from the drivers side, I had a look and it seems like the noise is coming from the belt. After a few looks I noticed a small hole in the belt. Would this be the likely cause? I have read that these timing belts/chains are supposed to be maintaince free? Would love someone else’s opinion before taking the car to the garage.

Thanks for taking the time to read this far!

The car is a Honda FR-V, 2.2 diesel with around 125k on the clock, regularly well maintained and had its last oil change in the service/MOT in March. Pic attached is of the hole in the belt/chain.

Stu

Attached Files:

2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    hello mate these engines are timing chain, that is the aux belt I would get that changed mate....

3. StuFrv06 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Stu Bristol
    Thank you Andy,glad to hear that! Also a friend has said it could be that the fuel injector is leaking, would that likely cause a fluttering noise from that area?

Thanks

4. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire