Service & Maintenance FR-V Faults or Foibles?

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by FR-V, Wednesday 23rd Jan, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hope you had a relaxing holiday bud. Looking forward to your pictures.

2. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Relaxing? with 3 kids under 6? :telloff: £7.20 for a double Malt? :Aghast:

Only relaxing bit was the drive there and back!

I WILL do the photos - honest!

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    TBH FR-V those price are just tip of the iceberg when it comes to extortionate prices at centerparcs. I visited the one up in Whinfell Village a few years back and never again will go . We had a relaxing time but the prices left me wondering why we didn’t fly out for a weekend break.

looking forward to your pictures

4. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    EGR valve now changed courtesy of those nice people at Honda. To be fair, Westgate Honda were very good and rang me as soon as the part had arrived to book the car in. Never a quibble, just did the the job FOC. Also asked them to check the exhaust manifold for bad welds/cracks - all ok (I shall have to stop reading this forum!):Tea:
    Going up to Harrogate in it over the weekend so we shall see if there are any improvements, but initial impressions are good - it seems much smoother.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Emeye Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've just had the balancing and 4 wheel alignment done on our new FR-V and it has transformed the steering at motorway speed. I was getting wheel wobble between 70-80mph but that has now disappeared completely. Well worth getting done,

My wife has mentioned a noise when using the clutch today. Wish she had mentioned it earlier this week when she noticed it as we are going to France, 4 adults, 2 kids on Saturday!

Last edited: Friday 24th May, 2013
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    good stuff enjoy your trip take some pictures of your journey and your fully laden FR-V.

7. stim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tim
    Whinfell village.....I might live downunder now, but I grew up literally round the corner from there (temple sowerby). Blast from the past, loved driving the '66.

8. Az3149 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a similar issue with my alarm. Then it wouldn't stop sounding. I disconnected the battrey and it was still going. Turned out th a t the module on the back of the fusebox failed. Changing that fixed the issue.