Dealers/Garages Gilder Honda Sheffield / Chesterfield

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Uriel, Tuesday 17th Mar, 2015.

1. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Anybody got any experience of vertu Honda Mansfield or Redford?

2. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've phoned Vertu Mansfield for quotes (they seem to stick to Honda fixed pricing) but not actually had work done there.

3. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
  4. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Think Aylesbury is where my car was first sold oddly enough...

Sorry, no use at all in this post lol.

FirstHonda and MickyB like this.
  5. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Use Gilder Rotherham. Be interesting to see if they have been taken over as well.

6. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Gilder website says they have.

7. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Yes noticed today phone number mentioned on Stoneacre website. Hope they are not fly by night. Not had any dealings with Stoneacre. Always found Peter Brooks Rotherham ok and same staff at Gilder and hopefully Stoneacre, so fingers crossed. Didn't find things good when Carnell Rotherham Citroen was taken over by Dixons. Went downhill in my opinion.

8. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Around Chesterfield they seem to own everything. They took over Autoworld a year or two ago. They probably cover over half the franchises here.

9. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Just an update. Had a paintwork issue and been to Stoneacre Honda Rotherham. Seem to have completely new sales staff and some of the Gilder service staff. To cut a long story short, Stoneacre blame issue on Gilder but said they would do a smart repair, which was ok with us. That was in December and still waiting. Communication from Stoneacre none existent. We've tried contacting (phone, visit) on a weekly basis since end of January to find out what is going on. Obvious they won't/don't want to 'honour' their commitment made. Contacted Honda Customer Services and basically answer is a franchised dealership and need to sort it out with them. Not great help (Toyota been a great help to a friend who had issues with their RAV). Honda said they would contact dealership but if they have then Stoneacre ignored them. Been to Vertu Doncaster who seem very professional compared to Stoneacre (bunch of spivs come to mind). Will use them in the future even though further to travel and get paintwork sorted elsewhere and have to pay for it. When time to change car comes round, can't see us continuing with Honda. Nice car but awful customer service.

Last edited: Tuesday 10th Apr, 2018
  10. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    As further and final update, Honda UK have been so supportive (NOT). According to Stoneacre Rotherham they have, to quote an email from Honda UK:

"I have discussed your comments with the dealership and I would recommend that you contact Steve at Stoneacre directly if you would like to discuss these matters further.

Steve mentioned that he feels that the dealership have supported you as much as possible previously with your concerns. However, if you would like to contact them to outline how they can support you with reaching a resolution, then please do."

Basically, one phone call from dealership in early December 2017, since then nothing.

We've decided to pay for it ourselves (around £150-£250) and have nothing more to do with Stoneacre, Rotherham or to be honest any other Stoneacre dealership. Honda UK - as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.

11. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

Disappointing to say the very least. Personally I found HUK very helpful when I had an issue previously, but generally members don't seem to have a positive experience.

Honda needs to up its game. With a limited range already under pressure from the competition, reliability and customer service are key factors.

12. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Yes can't agree more. Very disappointed. Honda UK are going down the franchise route and want us to go in again to see the Stoneacre manager, but after a weekly call or visit since mid January until mid March does not give you any hope of getting anything resolved.
    A friend who had a problem with a Toyota dealer contacted Toyota UK by email and within two days they rang him, spoke about the problem. Next day the dealer rang and sorted everything out. Toyota UK rang again to check dealer had contacted him and he was satisfied with result. What a difference to Honda UK service.

13. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

I've had issues with my new Lexus NX - essentially a posh Toyota - and both Lexus UK and the dealer couldn't have done more to help, stay in touch, and make sure I was satisfied. Disappointing that Honda with a superior product (IMHO) is letting customer service let the side down.

Don't give up @Hatter

Look for a different dealer, but keep the faith. Your CR-V is a far better vehicle than most people realise. Only when you move to a different brand will you appreciate what a Honda gives you.

Hatter likes this.
  14. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Yes, going to start using Vertu Doncaster. Further to travel but after having visited much much more professional.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk