Detailing Given the Grey Ghost some love

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Harvey, Sunday 23rd Apr, 2017.

1. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

After rushing around this morning trying to get a clutch for my brothers girlfriend, for her Fiat Punto, I decided while that is being done I will wash the Grey Ghost.

Turns out I did more than wash it. It started off with the usual snow foam, rinse, shampoo, rinse and dry. Once done and it being such a nice day I decided to grab the super resin polish out and have at it. So with that done, right, it needs was now. With a recent purchase of some Dodo Juice Hard Candy, this was applied. And to be honest it was easier to apply than the Meguires stuff I had been using in the past. Once buffed the car looks pretty good.

What's more I've got a rather ratty 2004 executive diesel to compare it to. Which that car is my neighbours recent purchase as his ford Mondeo died. He bough his Honda for £500.

20170423_102542. 20170423_190749. 20170423_192004. 20170423_192025. 20170423_192102.

FirstHonda, MickyB and andy83 like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good to see you didn't waste the day @Harvey :Thumbup:

Why has your neighbour got mixed alloys? (Pentas on the back)

MickyB and Harvey like this.
  3. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have no idea, he bought the car off a Bulgarian (really nice guy actually) and be bought it like that as well. I am guessing just looking at it. It has been modified in the past, but badly.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Maybe the front Pentas were damaged/cracked and replaced with those ones? :Unknown:

5. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's quite possible

6. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good work buddy.
    :nodding::clap:

Harvey likes this.