General Goodbye CR-V hello New 1.5T Sport

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by chunkymonkey, Sunday 26th Aug, 2018.

1. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    Hi Guys, not been on the forum for ages work and life have been very hectic. Anyway my trusty 11 year old CR-V has now been replaced by a new 2018 1.5T Civic Sport in lunar silver (love the contrasting black trim against the silver paint). I collected it yesterday, many thanks to Johnson's Honda at Milton Keynes in particular Harry - great service. I will post some pictures when I have taken some but the weather has been crap today so it will have to wait.

First impressions WOW what a car, plenty of kit, refined, smooth and loads of space, I have not truly stretched her legs yet as she needs to bed in for a while but on the 100 mile trip home on the M1 varying my speed she managed 53mpg - from a petrol!!! Very impressive considering the engine is new and still very tight I would imagine. If you are in the market for a refined spacious car with decent levels of kit then I would highly recommend. Will report further when she has a few more miles under her belt.

k20a3, Ichiban, FirstHonda and 2 others like this.
  2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    hello mate l look forward to hearing your views on her, I hope you enjoy her....
    Thanks
    Andy

3. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

20180902_181309. Studio_20180907_165718.
    Here it is, really like it performance is excellents for what is labelled a family car and its a vast improvement over the 8 gen I had a few years ago

Mugen_fd2 and Ichiban like this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I drove the 1.5 Turbo briefly last weekend and I was really impressed with its the power delivery .. solid car,

andy83 likes this.
  5. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have put around 600 miles or so on it now and feel as though it is starting to get run in so opened it breifley yestrday to 5k revs and wow does it fly when you get to that point, can't see why I would want a Type-R to be honest, loads of power and 50 to the gallon whats not to like?

andy83 likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I drove a club members car with 7K miles on it and from a start till the red-line i saw no lag at all punchy performance with a excellent short shift geabox.
    Brakes well they can be improved. Handling was ok needed to have a longer drive with twisty road to see how it performed.

I would get one if I was on the market.

7. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Having just come from, a gen 3 CR-V I thought the brakes were not that bad but then again with only having 600 miles on them they are just about bedding in, its pretty twisty where I live and to me its a hoot to drive provided you keep within the chasis limits. Whilst its no Type-R for every day drving I think its hard to beat, and its an individuals car by that I mean its not just another german box on wheels - hate vw's with a passion. Only major inprovement I would make would be to the infotainment, the stock speakers are not great compared to my old CR-V and also the fact you have to go through it to change some of the climate settings. Apart from that its pretty much perfect for my needs.

andy83 likes this.
  8. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy its really good. Almost 1k on it now which is alot of miles in just over 3 weeks but we have had a couple of weeks off work so have been driving more than normal. All in I am very impressed bar a couple of things:
    • Road noise can be quite intrusive on some surfaces, more than expected to be honest.
    • Using the infotainment screen for climate control is a pain in the :thumbdown: and I would prefer controls to be seperate.
    But these two points are pretty much it to be honest. Honda have done a really solid job in building the 10th Generation, I have now opened it up and once above 4k revs it really does fly and would have been considered hot hatch territory a couple of years ago, so overall I am pleased. Off to the lakes in the morning for a couple of days so Im sure it won't dissapoint on the Cumbrias twisty roads.

Sandy52 and andy83 like this.
  10. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate can't remember if you said you went manual or CVT, it seems the 10th Generation has been a good design platform...

11. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy its a manual, Honda CVT is pretty good but manual is more a drivers car IMHO

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

12. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hello mate also how's your engine oil doing :Smile:

13. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oil is fine smells a little of fuel but all DI engines do, it hasnt risen and doesn't do short trips so it ahould be fine.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

andy83 likes this.
  14. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate great to hear your opinion :Smile: