General Gracenote Update for Honda Audio System

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by PanayiotisPal, Wednesday 10th Jun, 2015.

1. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    While searching the internet for GPS update I stumble across the Gracenote Update for CR-V 2013 for Europe. I guess it is for the music enthusiasts. My update was successful.My CR-Vs Initial version was 4503 and now the updated version is 6565. Since it is free it is worth updating. I used nero to burn since the windows copy feature was inadequate with the CDs capacity.

Gracenote® Update for Honda Audio System

The official Honda site for Gracenote® updates

Gracenote® is a music database that enables your Honda audio system to identify artist, album and song names. The most popular and trusted ID technology for consumer electronics today, Gracenote® will help you better manage and thoroughly enjoy your music collection. Updates to the Gracenote® database are released quarterly and can be downloaded for installation on your vehicle's audio system. The updates for your Honda vehicle must be obtained from this Web site as files from other sources will not work.

Your Honda Audio System will not allow you to install an older version of the Gracenote® database. You may already have the latest version installed and may not need to update the database.
    Click here to download the Gracenote® file
    NOTE:

Current Vehicles Supported: Europe/Russia: Honda Civic 12MY - 14MY and CR-V 13MY - 14MY
    Database Version Number: 6565
    Database File Name: Database File Name:
    Next available update: April 2015

I hope it is useful.
    Instructions here:
    Gracenote_Instructions

Initial Page Here:
    CampaignLanding_Honda_V2

Last edited: Wednesday 10th Jun, 2015
  2. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Help!!!
    Has anyone had any success with the latest grace note update 7155. Could not get the head unit to recognise the disc. Any suggestions??

3. Racy Jace Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didn't know about this so I'll try it the weekend.

Try burning at a slower speed?

Troubleshooting:

If you encounter issues during the update process, it may be due to one of the following reasons: If you pushed the "disc eject" button during the update, you must restart the update process from the beginning.
    The system may not be able to read your CD. The CD you burn must be in one of the following formats in Mode 1 / Mode 2: ISO9660, Level2, Joliet, or Romeo.
    The file may have been corrupted during the file decompression process. Repeat the process to decompress the file and burn the CD and try again.
    Please refer to the FAQs for your vehicle model for additional information on troubleshooting, or contact your Authorised Honda Dealer.

4. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    Burn it with nero. That worked for me.

5. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

CD player spits disc out saying "no album data" when update grace note button is pressed.

6. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    you have 3 solutions
    1. Burn image with nero buring rom (this worked for me)
    2. Burn to a different make CD disc.
    3. Burn with a lower speed 2x

If you radio plays music from original CDs your cd player is fine and gracenote can be updated.

Last edited: Friday 13th Jan, 2017 at 10:01am
  7. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Did you fit all the files on a 700mb disc as I had trouble with this a reverted to burning onto a DVD disc???

8. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    With Nero yes, otherwise I had also trouble. DVD disc is not recognised. You can only use CD disc.

9. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ahhhhh

10. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    Burn with nero on CD-R.