Reviews Halogen to LED Upgrade H7

Discussion in 'Member's Reviews' started by lessonstar, Thursday 4th Jan, 2018.

1. lessonstar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States lessonsta america
    Has anyone upgraded their stock halogen lights with LED bulbs. I am talking about just the H7 low/high beam bulbs. If so, which ones did you use and have you had any issues with flickering? I can code out some stuff if someone sends me the codes for the low/high beams.

2. CRVtime Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm also interested in this, do they have some kind of PWM chip that creates the flickering, that would make them nasty?

Can you get them at around 4000k temp?

3. Mugen_fd2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

London
    1066Boy likes this.
  4. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

I have the Nightbreakers in the Suzuki and the Phillips Extreme vision in the Civic. To the eye the performance is equal but
    the Phillips ones are a little whiter.

5. CRVtime Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Those are Halogen though not LED?

6. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Correct. :Smile: Have yet to find an LED with the same performance. The is some very bright LED's on the market but I find the range is poor.
    I think its to do with the design of the reflector in the lights, never was designed for this style of bulb. Last ones I tried was about 18 months
    ago so they may have improved now but I am happy with the performance of modern Halogens for normal driving. :Smile:

CRVtime likes this.
  7. CRVtime Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm happy with the more expensive halogens but from many reports they often aren't very robust, especially if you drive over corrugated roads, expensive if they need replacing every 6 months, something you can avoid by paying a bit extra and getting halogen.

8. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

My Nightbreakers have been in the Suzuki for 2 years without problems. That includes 2 years worth of 4x4 competitions so I don't think
    rough roads would be a problem. :Smile:

9. lessonstar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States lessonsta america
    The develop road of car light is Halogen,HID,LED.Now my car use LED headlights from Novsight.LED has longer life and beautiful light.