Introductions Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Thorsteinn, Friday 13th Jul, 2012.

  1. Thorsteinn New Member Getting Started

    Hello Everyone, greetings from the far side of the ocean...

    I'm new to Hondas (previous vehicles have been a Mazda and a Dodge), and for the week and a bit that I've had the vehicle, I have enjoyed it immensely. Who knew that a 1991 4dr Accord EX would be the closest thing to a sports car that I would own? :Smile:

    Today though, disaster struck - I parked it at work and all the coolant came peeing out the bottom. A mechanic who was there to pick up his wife figured out that my rad had blown (no surprise). I can replace it myself, but I'm having a problem sourcing parts mostly because I don't know if what I have is Toyo or Denso or even what the part number is.

    I was wondering if I could pick the collective brain here and get some assistance on either what the part number is or if I'm going to have to undertake a long junkyard search.

    My vehicle is an Accord EX, 4 door, 4 speed automatic. Engine is a 2.2L LH SOHC 16V. The current rad has two fans on the back of it, not the one every illustration shows, although the hose connections look the same.

    I can get access to a 1992 Accord rad - anyone know if that is compatible or if I'd be buying a paperweight?

    Apologies if this is a little sudden for a hello, but I'm looking to fix this quick, and also apologies if this is in the wrong area.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

    England CJ Leeds
    Hey and welcome to AOC, sorry no one has picked this up yet.

    You can get a reconditioned rad from a local repair shop, these rads were made by denso. scrapyard\junkyard finds have their own problem I would tend to stay away from them.

    If you can PM me your car VIN number I could locate your Honda part number :Thumbup: