Introductions Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gaz172, Sunday 22nd Jul, 2012.

1. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi Guys

I have had my accord a few months now (an upgrade from a clio 172 :Thumbup:)

IMAG0082.
    IMAG0081.

2.4 Executive manual, lots of service history :Smile:

Gaz

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Gaz you got yourself a good car you will never go wrong with 2.4.

3. Hi Gaz and welcome, you're in the right place, we're big fans of the 2.4 here in AOC.

4. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers guys, got to admit the 2.4 is a good engine just wish it had more power lol

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It has sufficient power and I have found more than adequate to keep a lot of German cars at arms length. if you demand more my best advise sell up and get a Type-R or S2000 or another faster car for road use.

6. Racy Jace Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Jason Dudley, UK
    Welcome to the club mate. I had a clip 182 too. Nice car. I do prefer my Accord now though :Grin:

7. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not keen on a S2000 a mate has one and i didnt like driving it - nice car tho. I'll get a quick 5 series in a few years when the M5 is affordable lol

8. Paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Gaz, I always liked the look of the Renaultsport Clio's but my wife had one and after 4 years the wiring loom corroded and needed replacing so we left Renault as a result. So which do you prefer overall?

9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Welcome on board

10. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers guys for the warm welcome :Smile:

I did enjoy the clio but it wasnt reliable. It was a very clean example I had took me ages to find last of the 172 as I didnt like the 182 wheels & exhaust lol

I had the cambelt done (expensive on them) then there was an oil leak from the rocker cover (cambelt off, again!) and last straw was when the rear shocks went I couldn't be (removed) to replace so traded it in. i'd have the accord any day of the week no regrets getting rid of it

Gaz