Dealers/Garages Help choosing new dealer

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by FirstHonda, Saturday 11th Jun, 2016.

1. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    As some of you may know, in a few weeks I'll be relocating to a different part of the country. That means goodbye to the excellent Aylesbury Honda.

My options for servicing will be either Blade Honda in Chippenham, which will be the closest to my new home (11 miles away) or Bristol Honda (South) who will be closest to my workplace.

Has anybody got any experience of these two dealers that might help my decision?

I'm sure I read something negative about Chippenham (Blade) Honda somewhere but can't find it...

Thanks!

2. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

My car is booked into Blade in Chippenham for the 24k mile service (April) so I'll report back on their service.

I wasn't that impressed with Bristol Honda when they fitted my side-steps so hopefully my other local option will be good!

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Holdcroft need to buy up/open some dealerships down here.

andy83 and FirstHonda like this.
  4. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    that sounds a good idea mate ...

5. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

Blade in Chippenham were quite disappointing. Friendly enough, but I wasn't convinced by the attention to detail or professionalism.

I'll continue to use them and see if I can build a relationship where they understand my expectations...

andy83 likes this.
  6. ampers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haven't used Blade Honda in Chippenham.
    Bristol Honda South, (I assume you mean the one on the A4 at Brislington, Bristol), only visited once and they could not supply me with the correct coolant (Honda type 2), tried to sell me a Castrol product with a one year life span!
    The other Bristol Honda dealer, (Cribbs Causeway same company), could not find the fault with a brand new but faulty battery, (one cell completely empty), just disconnected bluetooth for me. However, I do use this dealer for MOT.
    I have used the dealer in WSM, (Howards Honda), and found them to be OK.
    Sorry, but I do all I can to avoid dealers, (all garages in fact), and could do with a little relevant advice myself with advancing age, and so on.

7. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

The dealer in Swindon is nearly as close to me as Bristol, so I may well give them a try next - although I wasn't impressed with their showroom.

Yes, I was referring to Bristol Honda in Brislington - the one next to the Toyota dealer. Certainly not a great experience!

8. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    I've serviced my car at Honda Swindon quite a few times. Generally a positive experience but found them a bit difficult (well, the lady at the servicing desk) when I asked to stamp my 3rd party warranty book confirming that the oil change was done (asked for the manager and he approved it without any hesitation).

There's also something else, but I'd rather not go into too much detail since I cannot confirm 100% it's their fault, but the car only had any work done in that area by them, so ... It didn't lead to any fault or problem (maybe because we've found it after few months), just a weird and irresponsible thing to do.

I'll be visiting them again soon to enquire about the new Civic.

FirstHonda likes this.
  9. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

:goodluck::fingerscrossed:

10. honda_saj Banned

United Kingdom saj east london
    seems like all sorted make sure there not a dealer stealer :eek: