Suspension, Steering and Brakes Help , rear breaks

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Baggedcivic99, Wednesday 16th May, 2018.

1. Baggedcivic99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Abigail Ballymoney
    hi everyone, was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on rear breaks, I own an ej9 Civic, in the future I will be swapping the engine so something a bit bigger.

I would like to keep the 4 stud pattern and was told that the DC2 rear breaks would fit right in and was wondering if this was true.

Will it just be a straight swap the drums for the disks or will there need to be other bits changed as well? If so could someone please give me a list of what all I would need to get.

Thank you in advance :Smile:

2. Mugen_fd2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

London
    My guess will be its not a straight swap. Better off looking for ek4/EK9 braking and buy a complete trailing arms with all needed. Maybe master cylinder as well?

Baggedcivic99 likes this.
  3. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    Mugen FD2 is right. I've got an EJ6 which I've put a B16A2 in so I'm looking for a set of rear trailing arms from an Ek4.

You could always go up to 282mm discs on the front if you get some front calipers and hangers from an MB6. You could use the fronts off a DC2 but they're the same part number as an MB6 but don't pull as high a premium.I think you need a 1mm spacer making for them to fit. I'll find the info out I've got it written down somewhere.

If you do just swap the drums for discs then you shouldn't need to upgrade the master cylinder as the VTi runs the same as ours. If you went to discs on the back and 282s up front then I'd get a master cylinder off of a MB6/DC2 and fit that.

Baggedcivic99 likes this.
  4. Baggedcivic99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Abigail Ballymoney
    Thank you for all the help guys :Smile: